Can you have a mid life crisis at 20?

Started by Sportsdude, Jan 26 07 12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

purelife wrote:[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic"][SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,128)"] [/SPAN][/SPAN]

[HR style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 2px"]    

You need to apologize to your friend, not to us.  All you can do at this point is really be there for him and mean it.  Being there means that you show that you care, with your heart.  

And yes, mid-life crisis was the wrong wording.  That doesn't exist at that age.  You guys haven't even reached a quarter-life crisis.  At that age, you guys go through an "identity crisis."   What he is going through is verrrrry normal.  

[FONT color=#c00000]......[/FONT]

[FONT color=#c00000]Purelife's got it dead right, these things ARE normal at that age (although at the time it's very hard to as much as even half-imagine that they are).[/FONT]

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

No you don't seem to get what I was saying.  I didn't realize how bad I treated and have treated people in the last couple of months until my friend started doing the same thing I did to these people.  Thats what I'm sorry for.  I already apologized to my friend.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

A mid-life crisis at 20....

I'm trying not to laugh, but I have shirts older than that!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I have crisises older than that.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we're crotchety old fogeys here. Why, when I was SD's age we had to walk 20 miles to school in the snow every day and it was uphill both ways!

Hey, you kids- get off of my lawn!!

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Who's crotchety !!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c003.gif" border=0]

Hahahhaaa......"Get off my lawn"

Dad? Is that you???

Russ

:
  P.C. wrote:
TehBorken wrote
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

[/SPAN]Yeah, we're crotchety old fogeys here. Why, when I was SD's age we had to walk 20 miles to school in the snow every day and it was uphill both ways!

Hey, you kids- get off of my lawn!!
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][/SPAN]
[/DIV]

Hmmm, that sounds like the stories my dad used to tell... until his sister was over one time and got mad at him. "you are full of crap! Mom and Dad used to make me DRIVE you to school in the mornings so you wouldnt have to walk, then I would go home and they would drive me to school before they would take the car to work. After school I would have to meet you after school and walk you home. The five blocks."
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

You know that distances increase with the telling.  Re-tell it often enough and you had to run a full marathon to get to school in bone-chilling cold.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

I never noticed the cold, running the marathon on my way to school always left me feeling warm and glowing.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

We were forced to walk backwards through the bitter elements

Sportsdude

lol you guys are great.  Funny thing is I tell the same stories to my sister.  She wants me to drive her everywhere! I'm like when I was your age... I rode my bike. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."