Curious

Started by P.C., Jan 27 07 06:43

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I wonder why some of the topics are in black, while others are in grey. What makes this so?  Is there a purpose ? imntk [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/a015.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I wonder why some of the topics are in black, while others are in grey. What makes this so?  Is there a purpose ?

The light grey ones are topics you've already clicked on or visited. I've been looking at changing the colors of the visited/not visited links to make them more obvious or more contrasty, but I haven't come up with a combination I like yet.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

If figured as much, but wasn't certain.  Thanks TehBorken.

OK....now I'm back to my original state.  Confused.  The 'Curious' topic, which I just visited, is still in black.  As are others that I have viewed in the last few minutes.  That's exactly what foiled my conclusions before. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I... uhm.... am lost.........to both explainations.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
I... uhm.... am lost.........to both explainations.

Okay...normally links can have 4 different colors: Unvisited, Visited, Active, and Hover.

If you've never visited a link it will be the "unvisited" color (for example, black). If you click on the link, during the time before the page changes and starts loading it is in the "active" state. (This is a holdover from when connection times were very slow, like on dial-up).

After you click the link and have seen the page it goes to, the link will show as the "visited" color in your browser (here it's a lighter grey color). It also usually has a line under it .

"Hover" is the color the link is when you just hold your mouse over it. Here that's a light blue color.

The idea is to provide visual clues as to where you had already browsed to or not. You can fiddle with the site styles to make the links all the same color, have a background on hover, etc etc.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Im confused as well... Ill come back in a bit and read it again. It makes sence to me kinda, then the site doesnt follow what my hamster wheel thinks it should.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims