Panic Attacks does anyone know how to deal with them?

Started by Sportsdude, Jan 19 07 02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I just had a mini one a couple of minutes ago. I hate them.  Anybody else know how to over come them easily? Best thing I've found is laughing at pretty much anything works and getting up and walking around helps as well.  Anybody have any suggestions?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Paper bag. Blow into it for a few seconds. I kid you not.

Best thing to do is to talk yourself out of it. Just keep telling yourself to calm down, there's no need to panic, it'll pass and don't worry, you're stronger than you think. Go to a quiet corner and sit down, relax......

I had to do all that while in labor. Good luck.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

thanks my main problem with panic attacks is well I tend to drag people in them for example whenever I get a panic attack I tend to email tenkani lol.

But those buggers are so freaking weird.  For 10 minutes you just go crazy and then not a minute later you are like a billion times better.  Very odd.  I'm stressing out over this stupid computer.  Its been a week they've had problems with it, I'm on a deadline to finish my high school stuff and times a wasting and I just freak out too much.

Lise

Well, I guess it sometimes help to talk to someone about it.

The most you can do is GET OFF THIS FORUM and do your work, SD. Seriously, it'll help clear your mind.

[FONT size=6]Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!! [/FONT]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I know I've been a real pain in the butt lately because of this computer issue.  I can't do work without my laptop its got all my work on it. ugh!!!  They said it would be finished by Friday last week then they said Monday then I called the guy yesterday and he said "We'll drop it off tomorrow" well they haven't shown up yet!

I've got til Feb. 20 to get this class done and I've got a lot of work left to do. Sorry I've been taken it out on you guys. Need to vent.

Sportsdude

LOL

I just called the guy and he said I quote "your computer is down in your basement" LOL.  They must have came over when I was asleep.  Gosh do I feel like an idiot. hahaha

oh gosh stupid me.

Lise

Uhm. Don't you copy it to a disk or something like that? I remember when I was in university, I used to copy everything to a disk so I could carry my work around. I would do research at home, then go to the library and use the computer there.

Anyways, don't worry about it. It'll be fine. In the meantime, you can always do research on good old paper and pen. Just read up on the books and what-have-you-not so you have a 'plan' when you get your laptop back.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Well, now you have no excuse. GO DO YOUR WORK!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Sure will got to finish this lesson and type an essay.  The day is still young I'm going to conquer it!

P.C.

I'd definitely call this day middle aged at this point.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

???? PC? I've lost a few hairs from stress lately but what do you mean by middle age?