For all the busybees

Started by purelife, Jan 15 07 11:45

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]This is a wonderful story that reminds us to put family first rather than work. The movie "Click" reminds us of this as well.  I always put family first.  Work is just a means to making money but isn't everything.  How is your outlook on this?  [/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year-old[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]son waiting for him at the door...[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][o:p][FONT face=Verdana size=2] [/FONT][/o:p]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Son: "Daddy, may I ask you a question"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][o:p][FONT face=Verdana size=2] [/FONT][/o:p]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Daddy: "Yeah sure, what it is?"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Son: "Dad, how much do you make an hour"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Daddy: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Son: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Daddy: "I make Rs. 500 an hour"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"Oh", the little boy replied, with his head down.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Looking up, he said, "Dad, may I please borrow Rs. 300?"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]The father was furious,[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"if the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]silly toy or other nonsense, then march yourself to your room[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]and go to bed. Think why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]such this childish behavior"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]questions.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"May be there was something he really needed to buy with that Rs. 300 and[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]he really didn't ask for money very often!"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]The man went to the door of little boy's room and opened the door.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"Are you asleep, son?" He asked.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"I've been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier", said the man,[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Here's the Rs.300 you asked for"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]The little boy sat straight up, smiling "oh thank you dad!" He yelled.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled some crippled up notes. The man,[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"Why do you want money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]"Daddy I have Rs. 500 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you"[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]MORAL[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]not let time slip through our fingers without having spent[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]replace us in a matter of days.[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

[P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][FONT size=2][FONT face=Verdana]to our family....[o:p][/o:p][/FONT][/FONT]

Gopher

Dead right, purelife. Family and friends come first  - ALWAYS.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Isn't the story so sweet?  How can daddy say no to that?

Lise

Ah. Such a sweet story. So true. Can totally relate. It's so explain why you have to go to work to the wee ones.... if only I can get money and not have to work. Wouldn't that be something.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Residual income is what I can think of.   Wouldn't it be something!  I'd love that.  

kingy

purelife, how much do you make an hr? i wanna buy atleast two hours worth!

purelife

Do you prefer me in the mornings, afternoons or evenings, kingy?  My hourly wage depends on the time of day.  It's kinda like how long distance calls work.  ;)

kingy

definitely evenings.

purelife

Oh, I'm sorry.  I'm booked solid for the evenings for a few more years.  You should have said weekends. ;)

kingy

Ally

I LOVED THAT.

My husband and I need to remember that.  We're both in demanding careers and technically the more we work the more money we make.  But how much money do you need?  
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

ripper

That story bought a tear to my eyes. We are so busy chasing the golden mountain, when the greatest treasure is right before our very eyes.

P.C.

There has been a 'commercial' of that lovley story around for years.  I can't actually remember what it's for though.  It might be the Church of the Latter Day Saints (?) Not sure about that.

I know nothing of their religion, but they have some great ads.

In this commercial, grandson and grandpa are in a canoe fishing on a lake. Grandson is moping about the boat listlessly and is obviously disturbed about something. Grandpa (who is respectable and wise in an Ed Grimley, Quaker-oats-guy sort of way) recogizes this at once and asks grandson what's wrong. "I just got in a fight with my friend Jimmy" says grandson, "He says i'm 'prejudiced'" "Well, are you prejudiced" asks grandpa. "I dont know what it means, I don't think so" says grandson. "Who is Jimmy" asks grandpa, getting to the heart of the matter. "Jimmy is my Jewish friend" replies grandson. After a thoughtful pause, grandpa wisely castigates grandson: "Well, maybe you are prejudiced. Because you think of Jimmy as your 'Jewish Friend' and not just "Your Friend"
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

now that you brought up Church of Latter Day Saints, I do remember that they had several 'commercials' on TV with this and parent/child relationship themes about two or three years ago.  I always like their 'commercials' because they weren't trying to sell a product, only to educate.  They end their clip only with their name across the screen