James Brown’s Lawyer Locks His Widow Out Of Home

Started by TehBorken, Dec 26 06 01:03

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[span id="nointelliTXT"]James Brown's Lawyer and Accountant Locked His Widow Out[/span]
[span name="intelliTxt" id="intelliTXT"][p nd="1"]Hours after her husband passed away at the hospital, Tomi Rae Brown, James Brown's widow, found herself locked outside the home where she lived together with the singer and their 5-year-old son. [/p][p nd="2"]Brown's widow said on Monday when she returned to their Beech Island, South Carolina home from the hospital where the singer died of heart failure, she found the gate padlocked at the request of Brown's lawyer and accountant. [/p][p nd="3"]Buddy Dallas, Brown's attorney and David Cannon, his accountant, ordered security guards to lock the door and tell her she was now allowed inside. [/p][p nd="4"]Tomi Brown said she had the legal right to live there even though she doesn't own the deed to the home. [/p][p nd="5"]"This is my home," the 36-year-old widow, Brown's fourth wife, told a reporter for the newspaper outside the gate of the house. "I don't have any money. I don't have anywhere to go."[/p][p nd="6"]She earlier told The Augusta (Ga.) Chronicle she spoke with Brown on the phone before he died. "The last thing he said to me was, 'I love you, baby, and I'll see you soon,'" she said.[/p][p nd="7"]According to Associated Press, Brown's agent, Frank Copsidas said Cannon denied requests to comment on the situation. [/p][p nd="8"]During his life, the entertainer was married four times. He married, Tomi Rae, his fourth, in December 2001 but the marriage was later annulled. In 2004, the couple remarried and had one child together. The singer also had two children by his first wife, Velma Warren, and three more by his second, Deidre Jenkins. His eldest son Teddy died in a car crash in 1973.[/p][p nd="9"]In January 2004, Brown was arrested and accused of pushing Tomi Rae to the floor and threatening to kill during and argument. Prosecutors said Brown had pleaded guilty to the charges and would forfeit a $1,000 bond as a fine.
[/p][/span][a href="http://www.playfuls.com/news_0004111_James_Browns_Lawyer_and_Accountant_Locked_His_Widow_Out.html"]Story Link
[/a]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Wow. How sad is that? The lawyer and accountant should have shown more tact. At least let the woman and her son pack their belongings and take what they have first. And Mr. Brown, you should have at least leave a will behind. Now your love ones are stuck.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

Dallas said legal formalities needed to be followed, adding that Brown's estate was left in trust for his children. He declined to elaborate on Brown's final instructions.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]"Ms. Hynie has a home a few blocks away from Mr. Brown's home where she resides periodically when she is not with Mr. Brown," Dallas said. "She is not without housing or home."[/FONT]

Dallas said Brown and Hynie hadn't seen each other for several weeks before his death.

[A href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/12/26/entertainment/e072434S75.DTL"]link[/A]