Started by Adam_Fulford, Dec 07 06 11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

weird al

Adam_Fulford wrote:
Please, talk.

Well, the earth is like a melting pot;

and the place is gettin' hot.

tenkani

Buy land in Canada now while it's still cheap.
That one's a freebie, but if you want more advice it's gonna cost.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Adam_Fulford

tenkani wrote:
Buy land in Canada now while it's still cheap.
That one's a freebie, but if you want more advice it's gonna cost.

After watching An Inconvenient Truth, I kind of wonder how much land won't be underwater in places like Seattle and Vancouver in the near future.  Real estate is over-priced these days anyway. Business people I know are waiting like vultures to make land grabs after the real-estate bubble pops and people bail-out.  Of course, if it's underwater, it won't be worth much.  We might get fried, and so not be alive to worry about it, anyway.

Russ

I agree with you There adam. I think there is alot of overpriced real estate. I also agree that richmond as well as parts of vancouver will disappear underwater with global warming and the ice bergs melting, Im just not too sure about when it will occur.

Although ditchmond will probably either sink in its own cesspool, or in an earthquake or major storm/ tsunami will flood.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

d50

Crash on the levy Momma water gonna overflow,
high tide risen no boat gonna float.

But its like the telethon,
we're going higher!!!

Unfortunately Canada now has a Govt that wants to stick its head in the sand and ignore the facts or ridicule science and anyone who is concerned.

The former leader in the Province of Alberta, Ralph Klein scoffed at it and called Global warming Dinosaur Farts...he makes GWB look like a Rhodes scholar.    

We

Adam_Fulford wrote:
After watching An Inconvenient Truth, I kind of wonder how much land won't be underwater in places like Seattle and Vancouver in the near future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose locations very close to sea shores will be flooded, but I wonder whether the risk for places a bit more remote, say 10 km or so, isn't exaggerated. Of course it also depends on the steepness of the coastal region.

In Belgium i.e. the sea will go far deeper into the land than say in Vancouver or LA. Probably easily something like 20 km or even more.

But it's all far way in the future. Nothing to worry about right now.

We (formerly known as Him, He, JGG, Mutilated Mind and Jolly Green Giant, all of which having been, to all practical intents and purposes, stolen)

tenkani

The scary part is that throughout the world, the most populous regions tend to be flood plains near the coast. They are called flood plains for a reason. If the ocean levels rise even a few feet we will see vast areas of India/China/etc made uninhabitable. Large scale flooding and simultanous desertification. Sounds like the End of Days to me    ;)

You better convert now before Heaven's booked solid!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.