Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a DV refugee?

Yes
No
Huh, what's a "DVer"?
|

kitten

Let's hope not...hi folks, nice avitar tenkani's got![/DIV]
Which avatar do you mean?  I never know who he will be next, but the choices are all interesting.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

tenkani

"So I'm not glorifying them, but honestly having observed this process long enough, and enough number of times I'd have a hard time blaming those trolls that emerge out of DV and start wreaking havoc there." Ok, well I've only been on DV for maybe a year-and-a-half, but in that time, there were vast stretches, before the current batch of mods joined, where DV was almost completely UNMODERATED. If you were around, you will remember this time as well.

Guess what, there were still trolls! Not as many, I'll grant you that, but they were around. You have mentioned several times that you believe all the trolls at DV exist because they've been mistreated by mods. That shows me that you really don't understand troll psychology. Trolls exist for a variety of reasons. Some feel powerless in their own lives, some (like Hamburg) have undirected aggression and use message bases as "virtual punching bags" (his own words), some are just bored and looking for a laugh. When you characterize all DV trolls as victims who are lashing out at their oppressors I really have to wonder about you. Some of my best friends are trolls, but I've come to recognize the different breeds of troll-kind, some of which deserve understanding, others just need to be squashed flat.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

I caught the end of the "good wave," I think it went down hill fast when DV got on the news and in the straight.  After that fiasco I think DV became troll Heaven.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kits

I stumbled upon DV around Aug. last year, and it was great....  for a while..

I took two months or so off, and when I came back, most of the good posters had left bc of the troll activity..
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Sportsdude

Speaking of people who haven't been on here in a while, what's Lise been up to? She's been rather absent lately.

Legion

I'm too shy to post on the Asperger forum. It's kinda like I've stumbled on a turgid lunchtime. lol. Did I just say that?
curses!

tenkani

"I'm too shy to post on the Asperger forum."

LOLing

Legion

I want to say something funny but then I'll be ignored because apparently funny is a subjective thing.

If I say something serious I end sounding turgid and I cringe at that thought.

But I guess they'd understand.
curses!

tenkani

Aaahh, stop saying "turgid", it's making me...turgid.[/DIV]Hay, have there been any famous Asperger sufferers?

TUX

Sportsdude

Hey Tux. Wondering where you have been. Sign up already.[/DIV]Anyway since this is the offical lets trash dv thread I want to say that place is offically all about sex.God its like 12 year olds are running the place.   I just want to talk basically about nothing..  DV is Howard Stern with the ocasional politiking thread and DS is the Sienfield.

TRUTH

DV is out of control, a swirling cesspool of spammers, trolls, and right-wing whackos.
[ul][li]Wanna buy fake Gucci handbags? Go to DV! [/li][li]Need a racist opinion on backs, asians, or indians? Go to DV![/li][li]Like to see trolls ruining conversations? Go to DV![/li][li]Hate gay people? DV is for you![/li][/ul]

Nikki

Need to talk with 12-year olds about masturbation? Go to DV!
Need to whine about your girlfriend/boyfriend/wisdom teeth? Go to DV!

(Yes, these are all real topics on DV. Nothing like quality, huh?)

Future Canadian

Ditch those goofballs and come join us down here!
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

kits

I don't know what would be worse...  being on DV with all the things wrong, or spending all of our time on this thread talking about DV.....
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

|