Botox: Christmas Gift?

Started by Lise, Dec 17 06 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Man. This is too weird. To give someone Botox for Christmas. What's that telling that someone? You're getting old, you need to get Botox or that I'm just catering to your vanity?

[H2]Who'll find Botox under the Christmas tree?[/H2] [H4]Cosmetic procedure gifts more common[/H4]

EDMONTON -- A Christmas wish for two front teeth might have been enough for a gap-toothed kid in 1948. This Christmas, some big kids' shopping lists include a bright white smile, an unlined brow, or an unblemished face.

It's not a surprise if you've read about people organizing Botox parties prior to weddings or parents giving their daughters breast enhancements as a graduation present.

She thinks it's partly because people have more money and partly because they've come to understand that a nice smile not only enhances a person's overall look "it's important to professional and personal success.

"They see movie stars doing it, so they have permission to do these kinds of things," Kherani adds. It's not just for the rich and famous anymore.

In fact, gift certificates for cosmetic procedures have been around for a long time, but the last few years they've really become popular as cosmetic surgery has become more mainstream, says dentist Sholina Kherani.

[A href="http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=6d0a3c8b-aded-42cd-80bf-2ebb6189b987&k=38464"][FONT size=1]http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=6d0a3c8b-aded-42cd-80bf-2ebb6189b987&k=38464[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I'd like to send George Bush a conscience, a brain or a heart, but I only have my own. Would someone care to donate one of these?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

I hate to give a gift that wouldn't be used.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Yes, and it would probably be put in the wrong place too.
A fool's paradise is better than none.