Silly Riddle

Started by Lise, Dec 13 06 04:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

This is an old riddle that I'm sure most of you have heard of. Anyways, can you guess the answer?

A man needs to cross a lake. He has one boat, one sack of grain, one chicken and one fox. His boat can only carry him and one passenger. He needs to get across but he can't take all three passengers on board due to the following reasons.

If he leaves his sack of grain behind, the chicken will eat it. If he leaves the chicken behind alone, the fox will eat the chicken.

So how does he solve this problem?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Uhm.... doesn't anybody want to attempt this?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Hi LIse.....I want to attempt it.  I'm busy doing catch up.  Been without power for a few days, so checking out what I've missed.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Hey PC. OK, thanks. Do it when you can.

No wonder we haven't heard from you for so long. I was wondering where you were.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Optimal solution, minimal number of trips: Take the chicken across. Go back, get the fox, bring it across, take the chicken back. Leave the chicken, bring the grain across. Go back, get the chicken, bring it across.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

So you're NOT just good looking !!!!!!!

Lise

Damn! Trophy goes to TehBorken for solving it in mere seconds.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

eat the grain, eat the chicken, then eat the fox?

P.C.

I'd eat the fox first.  Because if you cook the chicken first, the fox will want it.  And if you cook the fox first, it will give more time to the chicken to eat the grain....because who wants to eat grain anyway.....except the chicken.....plus the chicken will be fatter......and you can eat the chicken without the fox annoying you.  

kingy

if that is the case, have the chicken eat the grain, then have the fox eat the chicken, then eat the fox?!?!?!

Russ

Chicken tastes better than fox. Fox is gamey and fatty.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

LOL! Guys! We're not supposed to eat anything here but OK, this is DS afterall.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

ummmm, yes, what teh borken just said