Seattle info needed

Started by BC Lion, Dec 16 06 11:04

Previous topic - Next topic

BC Lion

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling to Seattle with my family for the days of December 26 to 30. Can anyone tell what are the areas of Seattle to avoid in terms of personal safety? Also, can people recommend moderately priced hotels to stay in--ones that have pools? What about off-the-beaten-track touristy things to do? Any recommendations?

Thanks.
[div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]

Gopher

Hi BC Lion, if I lived in Seattle, I'd be happy to help you out. However I imagine that someone will give you a reply before long.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Hi B.C. Lion.  If you go onto the discoverseattle.net site, there is all kinds of really good info on Seattle.  There's 'stuff to do', accomodations, maps etc.  It's full of really good info.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

BC Lion

Hey thanks everyone

But do any of you know what neighbourhoods to avoid and such? That would help me when deciding upon a hotel/hotel area.

Thanks!
[div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]

P.C.

I don't know Seattle very well.  I usually stay at The Courtyard which is a little out of Seattle (I guess) by the SouthCenter (Southgate????) Mall.  Love the mall, and love the Courtyard.  Nice area.  Unfortunately that's all I know.

(I don't live there either)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kingy

the funny thing about this seattle forum is that the majority of us do not actually live in seattle.

Lise

Apart from TehBorken, I don't know any other Seattle folks.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.