Impossible Questions

Started by P.C., Dec 09 06 06:07

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

PLEASE ask us another one.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

This fish Uses vibration to navigate . What kind of fish is it. bonus points if you can tell me when this fish was discovered.

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]rd[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]bea[/td][td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="334d8c668e6f99ba40d898560bea72fa" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return  submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return  (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined"  || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will  have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) &&  submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]Themes/default/images/blank.gif" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Charles Malo

P.C. wrote:
I was driving home the other day, and there was a phone in radio 'contest' that was called 'Impossible Questions'.  (Not a BIG, win thousands of dollars, contest)

Anyway, I expected after a few GOOD answers, all of which were wrong, that the REAL answer was going to be a groaner, but it was actually pretty good.

So......here's the question.

What do most people ASK for, yet most people choose not to eat it ?
==============
mmm they ask for an ANSWER?
(i.e they ask a QUESTION for an ANSWER, but chose not to eat it? i.e not to accept it maybe?
can u get back to me on that ?:) thx!

Chachito

P.C. wrote:
OK......new question.

Experts claim that people who do this for 15 minutes a day have less stress and are healthier.  What is it?

-------------
i really have to try to give it a wing: s e x ?:P

Orik

Sorry PC Catfish is not the answer this Fish live in Salt water. although Catfish may sence their pray by feel and smell, I do not think they use vibration.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

your hint is This fish lives below 20 thousand feet.  

P.C.

An eel ?  (are eels fishes ?)  

Still sleepy Orik

No PC I am sorry to say it is not a eel, and yes I do think Eel's are fishes just specific types of fish.

P.C.

Is it a common fish  ?  It's not the shark, right ?  No...they're not deep see guys,  

Orik

O'h very nice guess PC but no it is not a shark and yes, there is a kind of shark that is found in the depths of the deep sea but it is very rare, and rarely seen by mankind and is thought to have been extinct for generations until most recently when it was filmed and brought to a marine centre in japan for study.. it is almost dragon like in looks though sadly it died.  but no it is not that shark.

another hint is this fish is blind. or at least thought to be blind.

Orik

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0SY6RYJIo&NR=1&feature=fvwp"]Watching  this video [/a]one might think it to be the abyssal cusk eel though it  was once correct it is no longer the deepest living fish known of nor  the only one with video

If one is reading this info on a site

[font color="#000000"]A Fangtooth - despite its  scary-looking face, fangtooth fish are pretty small fish. The biggest  ones only grow to about 6 inches long. They are some of the deepest  living fish in the sea, having been seen as far down as 16,000 feet  deep.

[/font]one may deem it correct in essence, it is true and it is deep and  yet it is not the one. this is only 16000 feet got to go deeper yet  past 20 thousand.feet into the deep black  The specific fish i am  looking for was found after the date of the abyssal cusk eel and before  January 1 of 2010 :) I am not going to make this to easy.

Some of the questions given here before had me yanking on my beard hairs  in frustration. :) I hope to return the favour with some real  humdingers of course you can cheat and use bing or google you might get  lucky and find the article. Good luck.

This fish is one of the deepest dwelling fish known to man, they are  found in both shallow inter tidal zones and at depths of 24,000 ft or  more, in both cold and warm waters. This fish is near blind. This fish  uses a form of  vibration to navigate. They have prominent, well  developed sensory pores of the head, a part of the animals lateral line  system. It has a smaller cousin that lives in shallower waters.

What kind of fish is it. bonus  points if you can tell me when this fish was discovered.

P.C.

Ohhhhh....so these are research questions....and not 'common knowledgey' questions.  Well no wonder I couldn't guess.  [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif"]

Orik

No PC, this in not just research but it is also not great common knowledge either. However those who watch Nova and some other shows such as national geographic some break through talked about on omni science and some other channels with a interest in marine life one might have seen this video and a small section on the space channel on how the deep abyss can be used as a test source for space travel but thats all theory and probably not common knowledge....

There is available video of it from a documentary, I watched a little while back It is how I learned of this fish and came up with the question. I did do a google and Bing search I found a rather nice article on Wiki some of which text i used, Found a couple of cool videos about it on YouTube. I found less articles about it on bing and at least 15 pages about it and relative search topics on googlr, however it does help to know the name of what to search for =D  

Kyle

Forgiveness?    

|