DV

Started by Wondering, Dec 06 06 01:25

Previous topic - Next topic
|

female

[p style="font-style: italic;"]live in vancouver.[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]have to travel to seattle to have a chat with friends,[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]is it funny?[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]very funny.[/p]

[/p]true:)[/p]Raging Poodle - seems it's the tax we have to pay for the freedom..[/p][/p]

Moolah!

female wrote:
lol m

vpn=[FONT size=-1]virtual private network, i think[/FONT]  
   I kind of thought that's what it stood for... so it's not a shaw IP?

Is it University's network?

Don't they lease their lines from Telus or Shaw?    
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

female

mr p - nailed it:))  

zerozeroseven

female wrote:
there you are:))
i'm looking for my future husband at home and he is at the neighbour's house all this time;))

i am so sorry 7
i can't post either, unless i'm on vpn :(

---------------------------------------------------------------

dv admin is very smart.

i think.

but we can't be so stupid to feel any sadness due to his smart.

just keep happy and relax..

dear friend.

: ))

female

Is it University's network? yes

Don't they lease their lines from Telus or Shaw? hmm, not sure which one

zerozeroseven

have to leave now.

see ya guys later here.

sleep well.

lol.

female

[p style="font-style: italic;"]dv admin is very smart.[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]i think.[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]but we can't be so stupid to feel any sadness due to his smart.[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]just keep happy and relax..[/p] [p style="font-style: italic;"]dear friend.[/p] : ))

oh that was profound 7 lol!!!!
right:)
agreed:)

and you know what - weird all lives here:)
and shabazz too:)
they'll come to say hi as soon as they see you here so
see? DS is really important place to be at from time to time :)

female

g night 7:)
sleep well:)

Moolah!

mr pomegranate wrote:
 you've probably already googled vpn Raging Poodle, but it is essentially similar to using a proxy, you 'pipe' all of your traffic through another computer network

you can set up your home or work network to be your vpn, and then wherever you may be you can use that as your own 'proxy'

they are often set up with an encryption scheme to add to security, especially when using wireless and 'rental' networks

....at least that is my understanding from memory, I am open to any corrections by those that bothered to google ;)

Didn't Google this time. I'm familar with the concept from my pre-Internet bulletin board era experience, but had never looked deeply into it.

Thanks for the refresher. [img onmousedown=travesmilie(this.src); height=23 src="http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-011.gif" width=21]

Moolah!

zerozeroseven wrote:
 dv admin is very smart.

i think.

but we can't be so stupid to feel any sadness due to his smart.

just keep happy and relax..

dear friend.

: ))

I'd nominate the above as the best ESL composition of the evening. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

mr pomegranate

hey Raging Poodle, if you have a moment, I wanted to reminisce something that I've been trying to remember, but my brain needs help...

Moolah!

mr pomegranate wrote:
 hey Raging Poodle, if you have a moment, I wanted to reminisce something that I've been trying to remember, but my brain needs help...[/DIV]
 - If it has to do with asdf, I'd probably have an in depth comment to make about it.

- If it has to do with the DV admins, I'd probably have an unused swear word or two I can lend. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

mr pomegranate

lol.... I pm'ed you :)

TFF

Moolah!

LOL@ the pic.

Responded, Mr. pom.

|