Favourite Christmas Movies

Started by P.C., Nov 30 06 06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

CK

That classic Christmas Carol one is sweet. With Alister S.(sp?)

If anyone watches it again, here is a blooper.

At the end after he wakes up and all is well with the world, and he is jumping around and all excited in his bedroom, there is a scene in front of the mirror. Look in the background, you will see a camera man filming the scene.

Still a classic for its day.

Lise

My all time favorite:

National Lampoon Christmas' Vacation
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

CK !!!!!  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d042.gif" border=0]  I've missed you.....I hope all is well.

It IS a good ol flick for those days.....and holds it's own for today too.

Canadian....now I don't know what the Leg Lamp is [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]  ( you're enjoying this, aren't you )

[FONT color=#ff80ff size=2]*must get out more, must get out more, must get out more*[/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Gosh P.C. with all this snow you need to catch up on Christmas classics. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I'm good on the classics, it's the 'new' stuff I'm a little behind on.  Mind you, that's the same for ALL movies.  Sometimes I find it a little difficult to sit still long enough to watch a movie.  Like with DS, I can post all day, but I'm up and down like a yo-yo.  

Back to the roof.  Had to dig out two tracks down the driveway so hubby can get out.  It's a long driveway, so I just shoveled the tire widths.  *hahahhaa*  I'm saving my energy for the roof.

Anyway, it's still a little too early for Christmas movies for me.....but I'm going to watch some in a couple weeks FOR SURE.

kitten

I am imagining his vehicle starting down the shoveled tracks, only to find himself suspended in the middle on the hump of snow!  Take it easy, P.C.  Too much exertion can cause problems at this time of year.  Shoveling snow = backaches and possible heart attacks.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Its 1pm and my dad still hasn't come home yet. wow.  

kitten

The roads must be very bad there.  It's a shame he hasn't called to let you know what's happening.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

He said he'd be done by noon. He's been out since 12am today. Papers had to have gotten there really late. I know the NYT are printed in Columbia which is 75 miles away and they had 16 inches of snow. So they probably didn't arrive until 5am at the earliest.

I should have worked this morning. I should have insisited I help him out in someway.  Of course big storms have to come on my week off.

CK

P.C. wrote:
I'm good on the classics, it's the 'new' stuff I'm a little behind on.  Mind you, that's the same for ALL movies.  Sometimes I find it a little difficult to sit still long enough to watch a movie.  Like with DS, I can post all day, but I'm up and down like a yo-yo.  

Anyway, it's still a little too early for Christmas movies for me.....but I'm going to watch some in a couple weeks FOR SURE.[/DIV]
   The Grinch is always good! That cartoon rocks! I am out of touch with new movies too. Nothing seems to make me want to go to the theatre?

I am taking my sweetie to Theatre Calgary for A Christmas Carol play. [A href="http://www.theatrecalgary.com/"]http://www.theatrecalgary.com/[/A]

It's supposed to be legendary!  

Sportsdude

oh cool CK have fun!  

purelife

Hmmm, Christmas movies... There was this classic Scrooge film in black and white (not cartoon)...I can't remember the name.  And I like the cartoon Scrooge with the ducks.  And again, don't know the names.  Oh, and Santa Claus with Tim Allen is funny too.  Hmm, what else....    

Sportsdude

Sorry to change subjects but I'm in the Christmas spirit! Haven't been like this for years.
Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas everyone!

I think its the snow making me happy!  

P.C.

Lise....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  that IS The Christmas Carol.  There is one made in 1938, 1951 and 1984.  The 1951 version stars Alister Simms as Ebeneezer Scrooge.  It's really well done for an old movie.  

Sportsdude

That movie gave me nightmares as a kid. But thats my favourite play to go to.  When this regional troupe comes to town at the Fox I love to go to it. They do it well.  

|