People more friendly in the winter?

Started by purelife, Nov 29 06 10:40

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Do you find that people, in general, are more friendly in the winter?  More talkative?

I've noticed that during these past few days of snow, people have opened up a little more.  I see people talking to each other and smiling more.  Hmmm..maybe it's just me.

I heard that in Alberta, drivers would stop and pick up hitchhikers moreso than in Vancouver.  Interesting.

I also heard that Vancouver is voted the most unfriendly tourist place compared to other provinces.  Sad...just sad...

P.C.

I think you're probably right, purelife.  I think the snow puts everybody on a level playing field.  Kinda like what I was talking about in the other thread.  It wakes up your senses.  You get stuck in the mundane daily rituals, and the snow redirects your attention.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Well from what I've read about Vancouver a lot of people just keep to themselves so if people keep to themselves a lot they sometimes come off as rude.  

Snow does that to a lot of people. Vancouver isn't suppose to get this snow.  People move here to aviod the snow.  So when it comes people get excited I guess.  Highly doubt if this was Ottawa, Montreal or Halifax people would be so happy.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Yes, purelife, I've noticed it too. I think it comes from some sort of recognition of 'togetherness' as we mutually share some adverse (or at least new out out of the everyday) circumstance.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Yup, I must say that I like this friendly side of Vancouver and am experiencing it.  I have to say that I'm more friendly too.

Gopher

Yes, it's great for meeting people, I suppose everyone just throws away a lot of their inhibitions (not that you've EVER any need to do this, I'm sure).

purelife

Hmmm, I also heard from guys that it's easier to meet girls in the spring/summer than winter.  So, for the ladies, do you find guys more attractive in the winter or?  And for the guys, do you find the ladies more attractive in the winter or summer?  

Sportsdude

I'm always friendly but around here people are friendly to each other unless your not white then they think you're there for something other then shopping. Paranoid people. People stare. weird.  

Gopher

purelife wrote:
 Hmmm, I also heard from guys that it's easier to meet girls in the spring/summer than winter.  So, for the ladies, do you find guys more attractive in the winter or?  And for the guys, do you find the ladies more attractive in the winter or summer?  [/DIV].................
 Definitely in the summer, but I find them more approachable in the winter.

purelife

Iwould stare back and say "Want a piece of ME?"  Well, YOU can't have a piece of ME!  Mmmmwwwaaaahahahahahahhahah!    

Gopher

Why should I only want a piece of you?????

Sportsdude

Gopher wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]Definitely in the summer, but I find them more approachable in the winter.[/div]

Thats probably because everyone is bundled up and guys don't stare at girls boobs 24/7.

purelife

Gopher wrote:
 Why should I only want a piece of you?????

Well, you are definitely not limited to me.  You can have LISE too!  I'll share.

I learned all about sharing watching Barney.  ;)

Gopher

Do you mean that I'm not only not limited to just a piece of you, but that I can have the whole of Lise as well?

Sportsdude

Barney!
I watched him as a kid.
but my favourite was thomas the tank engine.