Second Life creates first millionaire

Started by kingy, Nov 27 06 09:41

Previous topic - Next topic

kingy

has anyone ever played second life? i tried it once, i just couldnt understand it enough to stick with it but damn, i should of. maybe i would be a millionaire too...

Anshe Chung, a real-estate tycoon in the digitally simulated world known as Second Life, has apparently become the first virtual millionaire--i.e., someone whose holdings in a make-believe world are legally convertible into genuine U.S. currency worth more than $1 million.

[A href="http://money.cnn.com/blogs/legalpad/index.html?cnn=yes"]http://money.cnn.com/blogs/legalpad/index.html?cnn=yes[/A]

Lise

I know! Incredible, isn't it? And all on virtual money. I just don't get this virtual lifestyle where you can convert virtual money to real money.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Me neither! so how does this work? How much do you need to get started! Hmm, the possibilities...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Well, apparently from what I read, you "create" something in the virtual world that your character might use. Say you create "eyes" or "clothes" and they pay you to use them. You can also "purchase" properties and just like the real world, rent them out.

Apart from that, heck, you can even prostitute yourself. Now I'm up for Russ as a hawt hooker!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

you can walk around naked on second life. i did that for awhile until i figured out how to put some clothes on! i wish i understood this game cuz it seems to be very popular. i feel like i am missing out on something. like perhaps a million dollars.

Lise

Whoa! Now that's a sight to behold. kingy walking around in his b'day suit.

Oh, I got an idea for you. Ask TB to pay you so you can walk around with Discoverseattle.net on your shirt.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I dunno Lise, I would go broke from forgetting to charge you.

Walking around naked. LOL, now thats something I think is a good idea.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Second Life?  I believe that tenkani said that he just brought a month's subscription.  It's too bad that he isn't around much.  He said that he needed help.  

kingy

is that why we dont see much of him anymore, he is cheating on us with his new second life friends?

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

It's quite possible that tenkani created better second life friends.  I haven't seen him around lately on DV, either.  Meeso sad...  

Sportsdude

NOOOOOO!!!

Hope he doesn't get addicted to his 'second life'

purelife

Hmmm, when I get the chance, I'm going to check out what this second life is all about.    

Sportsdude

I'm checking it out now actually. Maybe I'll run into teh tenk in second life? lol  

kingy

it is complicated. i had no idea what i was doing. i am sure there is some sort of help around but i couldnt find it.