Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Do you have to coat the pineapples first?  Or just naked onto the grill?  

Sportsdude

usually I think people put the pineapples in tin foil over the grill  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Naked on the grill so you get those grill marks. What she does is cut the pineapples into four strips, insert bamboo sticks then grilled them. I'll try and find the recipe. Hang on.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I use the good old george foreman grill. lifesaver that thing is.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Anyways, here's the recipe. It's not the same on the show but close enough.

* Exported from MasterCook *
Caramelized Pineapple with Hot Chocolate Sauce
Recipe By :Nigella Lawson
Serving Size : 6
Categories : Dessert-Misc. Fruit

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 ripe pineapple
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
14 bamboo skewers -- soaked in cold water
For the chocolate sauce:
1/2 cup Malibu or other rum
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate

Preheat the broiler or grill. Cut the top and bottom off of the pineapple and, working vertically, slice the skin off the fruit. Cut into quarters and then into three pieces again lengthwise so that you have wedges of pineapple. Cut out the woody core and thread the wedges onto the soaked bamboo skewers lengthwise and arrange these in a shallow dish.

Put the chocolate, broken into pieces, into a thick bottomed pan along with the Malibu and melt over low heat. Then stirring, pour in the cream plus any juices that have gathered from the fruit. When the sauce is thick, smooth and hot, pour into a bowl with a ladle, or enough little bowls to give one per person.

Lay the pineapple kebabs on a sheet of foil and either broil or grill the pineapple, thickly coating it with brown sugar first, until it caramelizes and scorches in the heat.

Take from the broiler or grill and lay them on a large plate and let everyone take them as they want, dipping the pineapple skewers into the hot chocolate sauce as they eat.

[A href="http://partytrayforyou.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html"][FONT size=1]http://partytrayforyou.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html[/FONT][/A]    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Thanks Lise.  That looks simple enough.

Moolah!

You kill the bromelain and all other useful, active enzymes in pineapple when you expose it to heat.

So it might be good to try out the grilled variety once in a while, but from a nutritional point of view I'd stick to eating/juicing them raw.    
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

P.C.

Lise, I gotta tell you........your posts are always entertaining.  They always cover a broad range of subjects and are full of humour, information and entertainment. You even manage to post about topics that normally wouldn't have an attraction for me, and yet, I read them anyways and I'm even entertained by THEM.  Just wanted to say thanks. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c011.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Why PC! Thank you. That's so sweet of you.

Just wait till I delve into kingy's dark sex life. Now that's an eye opener.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You're QUITE welcome, Lise

I wait with baited breath .......LOL

kingy

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]............and so.............

Lise

Oh... I couldn't.... but it does involve a lot of animal costumes.......
Bill Cosby.

kingy

where is her udder? im not even gonna ask if that is milk on her lips!?!

P.C.

I had no idea cows had pink ears.

|