Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Moolah!

purelife wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Hey Raging Poodle.[/SPAN]  I brought that sesame peanut crunch from T&T and they are delicious.  I had a few and had to stop myself from finishing the whole tub right then and there.  I should've brought more.  My dad would love these.  And, today was the last day for this sale.  DARN!  I would've picked up more.  I went to the Metrotown T&T and looked up and down the side isles for a while (not knowing what brand to look for) and after a couple of minutes, found them!  I was happy.  So, thanks so much for posting this info.  Bless.

You can still buy more of them once you finish that box, but probably at $7.50.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Lil Me

I keep getting deals at the little produce stores: Kins, Fruiticana, Al's Farm Market.  Today I got 2 avocados for 0.99 and gala apples for 0.69/lb.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Fruitcana!!! I thought I was the only who shops there! I thought it's called FruitLand now. I go there to buy samosa. Really awesome, just re-heat in oven and your guests will be impressed.

I also buy my spices there, some that I can't get from Superstore or Save-On Foods.

There's also a little gem of a shop in the Old Orchard complex, between Pho Century and Rogers Video. This grocery store has some good deals on tomatoes, oranges, etc. etc. all for a mere buck.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Fruiticana is awesome.  Really really cheap!  

Lil Me

Maybe some of them changed names, but the one in my 'hood is still called Fruiticana.  No samosas there, but there's an Indian take-out shop a few doors down.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Hey Lil Me.  Did you say that you eat at Hon's in Coquitlam?  If so, there's a coupon in the WE free magazine with a 10% off Dine In only.  

Lil Me

kingy

where is fruitland? i love somosa. there just arent enough places that sell good ones.

Lil Me

the veggie samosas I get are 2 for $1.00.  They're really good.  

Sportsdude

lol was looking at dierbergs 10 yogurts for 5 bucks.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

kingy wrote:
where is fruitland? i love somosa. there just arent enough places that sell good ones.[/DIV]
   I'm not sure exactly where. I forget the name of the street but it's quite close to Burnaby Hospital. There's this one street that has shops on either side. I think the street is called Sunset but am not sure. Possibly Sunset and Smithe Street, Burnaby. Sorry. I'm quite bad with directions.

For sure get those samosas. Well worth the price because for $10.00, you get quite a fair bit and you can always freeze the ones you don't need till next time.

If you enjoy good fresh samosas, you can also get them from Safari Snackhouse (5121 Canada Way). Lovely, smooth sauces to go with your samosas. Yummy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Some of the best Samosa's Ive had are here in the general area where I live in.. we call it little india. lots of East Indian shops around, the 49th and main and 49th and fraser areas. You can get veggie, beef, etc samosa's for 4 or 3 for a buck. Just wander around. The restuarant at 49th and Main is all you can eat veggie cuisine for 6 bucks a person. I usually get that then order a dish or two of a lamb masala or a chicken curry.. but you need two people as those are 10 bucks a piece.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I know the ones you're talking about, Russ. Delicious!! Yum. Now I want samosas. They're different though... those are Sikh samosas. The ones I'm used to are 'East Indians'. Kinda more triangular.

Anyways. Here's the latest promo offering from Little Caesars on 6681 MacPherson Avenue. From Feb 12 to Feb 18, they're having a customer appreciationg week so ANY SIZE UNLIMITED PIZZA TOPPINGS for  $9.99
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

I'm going to order some take-out Indian for dinner tonight!  Aloo gobi and butter chicken.  I'll ask for it mild, because the restaurant is Punjabi, and they're heavy on the red chiles.  I LOVE spicy food but their "medium" is scorching.  

purelife

Aloo gobi and butter chicken.

Mmmmm....I love those aloo gobi stuff... I wish that I could make it.  mmm...butter chicken.

|