Seinfied's Kramer lost his cool

Started by Lise, Nov 20 06 02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Ah I see lol before I go to bed I get the news updates from the BBC World Service. lol. I'm such a nerd.  BBC can get rather depressing though at times. I'd love to work for the BBC but man would my doctor bills be high. Depressing stuff.  BBC World News the anti fluff network.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

That's it exactly, Sportsdude.  I watch just enough news to stay on top of things.  I found it too depressing.  It affected my day, my night and my sleep.  So I eliminated it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

When Im on the ships off Africa, we would tune into the BBC every night to get the latest news. Theres also a Canadian Version of the BBC that most people dont realize exists.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Yeah I used to have nightmares about Cherynobyl and it happening here. (there's a nuclear plant by my house)  

Sportsdude

yeah BBC Canada.
you work on ships? What do you do? I'm a courier.

JGG

The simple fact is, Michael Richards INSULTED those two a**holes, and he was provoked into insulting them by themselves knowingly and willingly.

No one tell me they didn't know it and didn't have it coming !

The fact of insulting them using ethnically/racially sensitive words is a minor detail in the overall context of the act of insulting. Why using "racist" epithets while insulting someone should constitute a more serious crime than when just "insulting" someone, is beyond me.

JGG (formerly known as Jolly Green Giant and Mutilated Mind, both having been, to all practical extents and purposes, stolen)

P.C.

I can only guess, that you haven't actually read what he said to these people.  How anyone could defend that is beyond me.  Like I said in an earlier post, you couldn't get me mad enough to use that kind of racial crap.  

If they were being asses, then he's certainly within his rights to treat them like asses right back......that's it.  If someone is an ass, they are just an ass.  They are not an ass because of their race, so why would you choose to insult their race, instead of directing your insults to the fact that they are asses.

Phew !!!  That's the most times I've ever said ass in such a short space.

JGG

P.C. wrote:
I can only guess, that you haven't actually read what he said to these people.  How anyone could defend that is beyond me.  Like I said in an earlier post, you couldn't get me mad enough to use that kind of racial crap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's you who didn't actually read what he said to them... and I am not guessing, I know it. You didn't read that post where it said that BEFORE that movie clip starts they are trying to get him wound up with racial taunts such as "washed-up cracka" ? So if you just watch the video clip, you don't know about that part.

You should be careful before you talk about "that racial crap". There's usually much more going on than meets the eye.

JGG (formerly known as Jolly Green Giant and Mutilated Mind, both having been, to all practical intents and purposes, stolen)

JGG

And another detail, P.C.
Don't you think it's a bit strange that movie clip shows only Michael Richards' "ugly side" as you or someone else put it but not the provocations of those two men ?

How handy that just at the right moment someone shot this clip...

JGG (formerly known as Jolly Green Giant and Mutilated Mind, having been, to all practical intents and purposes, stolen)

Future Canadian

There isn't any "context" that can make it OK to shout N-bombs at the top of your lungs in a "joke" that isn't even remotely funny. He obviously got his feelings hurt and wanted to hurt back.
Like I said before, true comedians can handle hecklers and turn the tables on them. If he can't handle hecklers he shouldn't be doing stand-up. Maybe it's the only gig a washed-up no-talent hack can get anymore.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

JGG

Future Canadian wrote:
There isn't any "context" that can make it OK to shout N-bombs at the top of your lungs in a "joke" that isn't even remotely funny. He obviously got his feelings hurt and wanted to hurt back.
Like I said before, true comedians can handle hecklers and turn the tables on them. If he can't handle hecklers he shouldn't be doing stand-up. Maybe it's the only gig a washed-up no-talent hack can get anymore.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you one of those two hecklers perchance ? That would explain your defending their right to heckle and trying to take away Richards' right to be left alone while doing his act...

JGG (formerly known as Jolly Green Giant and Mutilated Mind, having been, to all practical intents and purposes, stolen)

P.C.

JGG....I don't care what's going on that hasn't met my eyes.  If you're OK with defending racial slurs....fly at it.  I'm simpley saying, there is NEVER a situation that makes it acceptable on any level in my opinion

Future Canadian

If that-guy-who-played-Cosmo was a real professional he would've put those disrespectful hecklers in their place right away, for they are obviously the ones that started it. But he lost his shit because he can't hack it.
If you defend that kind of language you look as bad as the person doing it.    
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Lise

Oh now, it's plain crazy!! The two hecklers are now asking for compensation. A public apology from Richards should be sufficient. He's already been branded and humilated. I think they should let the past be.

[FONT size=6]Men seek apology, maybe money, from Richards[/FONT]

[P class=timeStamp]Updated Sat. Nov. 25 2006 11:33 AM ET

[P class=storyAttributes]Associated Press

[!-- dateline --]LOS ANGELES[!-- /dateline --] -- Two men who say they were insulted by actor-comedian Michael Richards during his racist rant at a comedy club want a personal apology and maybe some money, one of the men and their lawyer said Friday.

Frank McBride and Kyle Doss said they were part of a group of about 20 people who had gathered at West Hollywood's Laugh Factory to celebrate a friend's birthday. According to their attorney, Gloria Allred, they were ordering drinks when Richards berated them for interrupting his act.

When one of their group replied that he wasn't funny, Richards launched into a string of obscenities and repeatedly used the n-word. A video cell phone captured the outburst.

Richards, who played Jerry Seinfeld's wacky neighbor Kramer on the TV sitcom "Seinfeld," made a nationally televised apology on the "Late Show with David Letterman" earlier this week. He has since apologized to the Revs. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, both civil rights leaders.

But Doss, 26, said Friday he wanted a "face-to-face apology."

"To have him do what he did to me ... I can't even explain it," Doss said. "I was humiliated, even scared at one point."

Richards' publicist said his client wants to apologize to both men, who are black, but hasn't been able to locate them.

Allred, speaking by phone from Colorado, said Richards should meet McBride and Doss in front of a retired judge to "acknowledge his behavior and to apologize to them" and allow the judge to decide on monetary compensation.

"It's not enough to say 'I'm sorry' on 'David Letterman,'" she said.

She did not mention a specific figure, but pitched the idea as a way for the comic to avoid a lawsuit.

"Our clients were vulnerable," Allred said. "He went after them. He singled them out and he taunted them, and he did it in a closed room where they were captive."

The video of Richards' outburst shows several people getting up and walking out as he shouts at the audience.

Richards' publicist said the comic wasn't considering any demand for payment. "He's not dealing with that," Howard Rubenstein said. "He wants to apologize to them directly and then see what happens."

[FONT size=1]Source: [/FONT][A href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061125/richards_suit_061125/20061125?hub=TopStories"][FONT size=1]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061125/richards_suit_061125/20061125?hub=TopStories[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ yes!

LOL, you knew this was only a matter of time. They see dollar signs when something happens to people now, especially since he is supposed to be a celebrity.

|