BC Lions win the Grey Cup!

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 19 06 06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Did someone say free food? Hmm. Wish I could go there. I mean, not to celebrate our little lion's victory but to get food. Heh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh Lise, no free food there.  I wish.....  There was this face painting booth.

I think that everybody there needs to be told to just GET BACK TO WORK!  LOL     just kidding....

Russ

If its healthy then its not food.

Its food for food.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kingy

it is too bad that they can only get a few hundred people out. if the canucks ever win the cup, you know there will be thousands and thousands.

Russ

Thats true kingy, it is sad cause the lions work harder than the nucks do. But the lions arent as popular now as they used to be and hockey is. We seem to be a hockey town.

Sportsdude

I wonder if vancouverites still think they have a basketball team? lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I still have and wear a Vancouver Grizzlies hat. The confused looks that I get when people read it is worth it.

serious?

Sportsdude wrote:
I wonder if vancouverites still think they have a basketball team? lol

I went to a Grizzlies game once vs. Portland.

It cured my insomnia! When they left Vancouver, it was "oh well, who cares?".

Lise

We have a basketball team????
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

past tense

Lise wrote:
We have a basketball team????[/DIV]
 Had..

Lise

Oh right. I remember my husband telling me it was bought out by someone in the states. He said they weren't very good in the first place so it was no big lost.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol yeah they were going to come here but the sale fell through and they were bought by this Memphis group. So now they play in Memphis.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

serious?

Sportsdude wrote:
lol yeah they were going to come here but the sale fell through and they were bought by this Memphis group. So now they play in Memphis.  
  Memphis is probably a better market than Canada. Even the Raptors of TO can't sellout a game, and Toronto is a big city.

All Vancouver needs is the Lions! GO LIONS IN '07!!

Canadian

sports, are you the only one in the USA that knows the CFL exists?

Spread the word, CFL ROCKS!

49er

I doubt that it is as advantageous for tax writeoffs or investment for a fifthy rich person to own a team in Canada as in the US

|