BC Lions win the Grey Cup!

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 19 06 06:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Good for you, I wish I actually stayed on the team instead of getting frusted with all the hoohaa involved in it so I told em to screw off and I quit. [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] You might not have known how to how to respond to it but you must have enjoyed it! Hope you did anyhow, its a great feeling to have people cheering you on.

Yeah it was really hard to get used to the attention. At the first school I was just the quiet kid who only talked in history class and english class.  Then I went to the other school got a ton of friends became super popular didn't know how to handle it and I fell apart lol.

This school I want to go to in Seattle I was loved and became popular (in just 5 days mind you) so it will be a lot like the second school. But this time I'll know how to deal with everything unlike last time.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

yup they broke the cup.

Just imagine what horrors would happen if a Canadian team broke or dropped the Stanly Cup.

*Just imagine if the celebrating team was the Leafs lol, those crazy goofy fans would say they were cursed by the hockey gods. But the leafs won't win the cup so it won't be dropped anytime soon.*

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
yup they broke the cup.

Just imagine what horrors would happen if a Canadian team broke or dropped the Stanly Cup.

*Just imagine if the celebrating team was the Leafs lol, those crazy goofy fans would say they were cursed by the hockey gods. But the leafs won't win the cup so it won't be dropped anytime soon.*

I LIKE the way you think. 'bless'

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

One of the players put the top part on Dickenson's shoulder while he was being interviewed after the game.

( He's the quarterback, P.C.  Otherwise known as the one who throws the ball)
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I'm a Canuck and Canadiens fan.
Dream Stanley Cup final would be a Canuck (or I like to call them the Orcas) vs. the Canadiens. The series would go seven games and I'd like the Canucks to win it because then every Canadian team would have more championships then the Leafs have had in what is it 40 or 50 years now? lol lol lol

Don't get me started on hockey I'm a fan of all Canadian teams and I personally would like to try Bettman for war crimes against Canadian hockey teams.
He killed the Jets.
He killed the Whalers.
He killed the Nordiques.
Doesn't want Hamilton to get a team.
Doesn't want Winnipeg to get a team back.
Nor Quebec if they ever get rid of that old arena.
Instead he puts teams in Miami. woohoo what a hockey hot bed.
Atleast he brought a team back to Minnesota and Denver but at the expense of Quebec.

serious?

What's a CFL?

I think the pubs in Canada had more NFL games on than the Grey Cup. The Dallas game had more hype.

Bengals RRRRrrr!

Sportsdude wrote:
me and my friend were joking on how big the field is. I'd need to see medical attention if I sprinted the entire field and I'm a football player lol.

So if you played football as a kid in Canada do they go by canadian rules or american rules? Anybody know? Just wondering.

In the Lower Mainland of BC, the high school's play American rules. Most of the rest of Canada plays Canadian rules.

Toronto hates the CFL and are praying to the sports Gods they will get an NFL team. I think they will never get one.

perspective

ok, let's be realistic here. I am al for Canada having sports teams too, but lets look at a couple things here,

He killed the Jets.  - The Jets never died, they are just in Phoenix, that is all. Winnipeg support was weak for the Jets, until they threatened to move, then the rally was incredible. Winnipeg doesn't deserve that team!
He killed the Whalers. - How?
He killed the Nordiques. - Same story as the Jets. Quebec City is a tiny market, and weak ticket sales = see ya!

I think it all comes down to $$ and that is all professional sports are about. Once people realize this, they don't care if a Canadian city has a team. Its all a joke! Believe me, most NHL players would rather move to Miami than Quebec City.

kingy

talking about weak support for teams, just take a look at the attendance for certain markets. winnipeg, quebec both have more of a fan base than places like florida, alanta. he 'killed' those markets by simply wanting to move into more states he thought would give the nhl more exposure. why have two teams in florida?

Russ

serious? wrote:
 What's a CFL?

I think the pubs in Canada had more NFL games on than the Grey Cup. The Dallas game had more hype.[/DIV]
 You are probably correct on this, but my friends however misguided they may be like CFL with bigger fields and guys that play hard without long commercial breaks.

That being said they bet on the NFL.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Earl Grey

Russ wrote:
serious? wrote:
What's a CFL?

I think the pubs in Canada had more NFL games on than the Grey Cup. The Dallas game had more hype.[/DIV]
 You are probably correct on this, but my friends however misguided they may be like CFL with bigger fields and guys that play hard without long commercial breaks.

That being said they bet on the NFL.[/DIV]
 That is because you and your friends are smart and know what a great league the CFL is. No crazy salaries, no dumb hype, not a 1000 commercials between every clock stoppage.

CFL is real! CFL has guts! CFL is tough!

CONGRATS TO THE LIONS!

Happy Grey Cup

Any Lions fans going to the party downtown Vancouver today?

purelife

I saw that when I was walking by this afternoon.  At the Art Gallery!  Wow, busy.  There were police guards....gosh.  really really crowded!

kingy

was there free food? i guess i'll have to catch it on the news.

purelife

Yeah, I was looking for food too.  Nope, no free food but someone there did hand out free samples of Kelloggs Nutri-Grain Munch'ems.  Yummy.      

|