Why did you pick your name

Started by Russ, Nov 06 06 05:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

And does it have any special meaning to you or someone you know?

I admit I asked someone this today, and got wondering about some others. Do you use different names on other boards??

Ill go first, lol. Russ is my name that my friends call me. I normally use RussFEST as my username on other boards, although I use Russ on DV which is why its still Russ here.

No underlying meaning of Russ, but Russ fest was given to me after I had an afterparty at my house when was young after a party call FraserFEST. The name stuck for years, and still does to certain people.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

soapbox

Lise

I picked Lise after the Lisel from the Sound of Music. I don't know. I was trying to think of a name and the name stuck. Should have picked something sexier.

BTW, what happend to your avatar, Russ?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I dont honestly know Lise, some people say it works and others say it doesnt. Im going to change it I guess. Maybe the board doesnt like a bunny hopping around with a pancake on its head mooning people.

I wouldnt worry about your name giving the wrong impression lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Ah darn it. Woulda loved to see it too.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Russ....I absolutely can't believe you posted this topic.  I was thinking about it a couple hours ago, and decided to do the same after I finished cooking hubby's dinner.  I came back to post this topic.....and boom....there it is.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Whaddya mean, how did I pick it? My parents picked it. It says "Teh Borken" right on my birth certificate.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

This from a recent discussion on Turducken:

I'm presently trying to come up with a recipe where I can use borcht as a base for the chicken stuffing.

I will call it TehBorken.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

I started posting on DV after finding it while researching a possible move to Canada, so FC reflects my state at the time. Then I found a bumper sticker of it so it stuck for me (ignore pun, please).
I'm so over the United Snakes

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

weird al

Apparently the United Snakes gov't is going to merge with TMZ general corp, a former zinc bushing manufacturer.

Adam_Fulford

I didn't pick my name, but it means "Man" in Hebrew.   In Chinese, my name can mean many things depending on how it's mispronounced.

purelife

I picked my name from a few years ago when I started on DV.  I got it from the waterbottle.

I've used way too many handles on DV to name them all.  A few that I have used were:

Sally, Miss Dimension, Googler, MeAndMyBigGrin, No Doubt, plumyam and Kushiel.  

kingy

Trollio

Because I am an incorrigible internet troll. However, upon discovering that TehBorken's defences were inpenetrable against my admittedly idiotic shenanigans, I decided to behave like a reasonable person here.

Former accolades include having a hand in what was touted as "the most offensive site on the web" (now defunct), merciless verbal abuse of others on DV (long since abandoned), and forcing the shutdown of a blog in NYC through nothing more than the use of language. The reality of my life is pretty much the opposite of everything I have done as a troll. Call it the safe relief and release of the dark side in all of us.

But I have promised to be nice here.  
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Lise

Holy crap. I'm think I just peed in my pants sitting next to Trollio.
Bill Cosby.