Started by Russ, Nov 06 06 05:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwood P. Suggins

Mutilated Mind wrote:
Mutilated Mind wrote:
I'm close aren't I? But as yet, no cigar :(
-------------------------------------------------------

No, no cigar for you.

People, you who are watching this exchange, you might know that this is just an instance of the ongoing battle for your mind.
It's a battle for MY mind, to be exact. And my identity...
  Never has such an inconsequential struggle been waged by so few (1) for the general amusement of so many. Couldn't like it more! Keep it up MM. We await your next post with the full gamut of emotions ranging from indifference to amusement.

Elwood P. Suggins

SnorLax

mutilated mind runs the full gamut of emotions from A to B.

Mutilated Mind

Stop looking at me!!!! Mom, gopher and Elwood are picking on meeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Mutilated Mind

That wasn't me. Or was it ? Somedays I get confused. And shutup, Snorlax, you're just a pokemon.

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
Mutilated Mind wrote:
TehBorken, if this is you or one of your buddies trying to persuade me to register so "nobody can steal my nick anymore", just let it go, will you...

It's not me, but I admit I do find it very amusing. And for the ten-millionth time, I personally don't care if you register or not. Just stop whining everytime someone posts as "you".

It is pretty funny watching "you" argue with "yourself", though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop repeating then you don't care if I register or not... you did your utmost best to convince me, remember ?

Why would you want me to "stop whining" ? Am I violating any rule on any messageboard in the internet by replying and stating what I want to state ?

For an admin and a moderator, you have a weird double-standard. You say nothing of trolls attacking me with ad-hominems (you even quote them in your replies and tell me you agree with them), nor of someone who insists of sabotaging and spoiling topics I open, even if I ask the person to please stay out of my threads... and you think some troll stealing my nick is just funny.

What you find funny does tell something about you, BTW...

Mutilated Mind

Elwood P. Suggins wrote:
Never has such an inconsequential struggle been waged by so few (1) for the general amusement of so many. Couldn't like it more! Keep it up MM. We await your next post with the full gamut of emotions ranging from indifference to amusement.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Keep talking, troll.

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
Stop repeating then you don't care if I register or not... you did your utmost best to convince me, remember ?

Okay, I won't keep telling you that I don't care if you register or not. Because I really don't care if you register or not. I promise not to keep saying that I don't care if you register or not. Because whether you register or not, I just don't care. In other words, I don't care if you register or not.

Why would you want me to "stop whining" ?

Because it's annnoying.

Am I violating any rule on any messageboard in the internet by replying and stating what I want to state ?

Yes, you're violating the "[a  href="http://www.discoverseattle.net/w3c/tos.php"]No Whining[/a]" rule (it's near the bottom)

For an admin and a moderator, you have a weird double-standard.

It's part of my charm. It's what makes me so damn irresistable.

You say nothing of trolls attacking me with ad-hominems (you even quote them in your replies and tell me you agree with them),

Well, pardon me for having an opinion and a personality. I'll just have to get real bland and make sure I don't have any of those pesky opinions. I'll just be all robotic and completely uninteresting, okay?

nor of someone who insists of sabotaging and spoiling topics I open, even if I ask the person to please stay out of my threads...

I'm not responsible for the way people respond to you, and stop trying to "guilt" me into it. That's just not gonna happen, okay? Try taking some responsibility for your own actions and the way people respond to you. I'm sure as shit not making them respond to you the way they are. Do you think this is Romper Room and I'm going to spend my day here making sure everyone behaves nicely? Because that's not gonna happen either.

and you think some troll stealing my nick is just funny.

I find your complaining about it very funny, considering it's completely preventable. And how can they steal something that you don't own? Seems to me that you have a very odd and over-developed sense of entitlement. They couldn't do that if you didn't let them, so technically aren't you responsible for it? But far be it for me to mention that I don't care if you register or not, lol.

What you find funny does tell something about you, BTW...

Well I'm so happy for the marvelous insight you've gained. Is it group hug time now?

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Mutilated Mind

TehBorken wrote:
Do you think this is Romper Room and I'm going to spend my day here making sure everyone behaves nicely? Because that's not gonna happen either.
----------------------------------------------------

Well, see, I tried to make you understand my viewpoint but it's to no avail, you persist in rather showing off your "personality" and apparently even expect me to admire you for that. I have just one thing to say : if you are not going to make sure everyone behaves nicely but not going to see to it either that some decent behavior is displayed in this place, well then just don't bother with my whining. Okay ?

Concerned

I rather think everyone's been too hard on Mutilated Mind. Don't judge him until you've walked a mile in his bunny slippers.

P.C.

Well, see, I tried to make you understand my viewpoint but it's to no avail, you persist in rather showing off your "personality" and apparently even expect me to admire you for that. I have just one thing to say : if you are not going to make sure everyone behaves nicely but not going to see to it either that some decent behavior is displayed in this place, well then just don't bother with my whining. Okay ?

MM....the point you are missing is that there is no way to know who we are responding to.

You say [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]"I tried to make you understand my viewpoint".  [/FONT]How is anyone to figure out who's viewpoint we are reading?

You're SO convinced that TehBorken has some ulterior motive when he suggests it might be a good idea to register, that you've overlooked common sense.  

There could be 30 different people posting as Mutilated Mind, and you are expecting people to know exactly which one is really YOU.  Many people here on DS, have gone through the frustration of being handlejacked on other forums, and have found that the luxury of 'owning' your handle a great way to, (in your words) "make sure everyone behaves nicely".

I swore I wouldn't bother acknowledging your posts, but what the hey.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Mutilated Mind wrote:
Well, see, I tried to make you understand my viewpoint but it's to no avail,

Right, so don't waste your time. Move on to more productive endevours.

you persist in rather showing off your "personality"

I can't help it if I have one and you don't.

and apparently even expect me to admire you for that.

Not at all. I don't get my ego-fulfillment through your admiration. Admire me or not, it's all the same to me.

I have just one thing to say :

Oh, if only that were the case. You have much more than "one thing to say". And you say it all the time.

if you are not going to make sure everyone behaves nicely but not going to see to it either that some decent behavior is displayed in this place, well then just don't bother with my whining. Okay ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it all the consideration it deserves.  

I'll tell ya right now: if you continue to whine about people using a name that's freely available to anyone, then I may just call you on it or make a pithy comment. Do you think you have some exclusive, god-given "right" to use that name? You don't, not unless and until you register it. And as you've told me not to tell you, I don't care if you register your name or not. Oops, I said it again.

Seriously, though, I have better things to do than try and enforce the unenforceable. I don't mind a little misbehavior here and there. Most of what's gone on is some good-natured poking of fun at you, not vicious, hateful attacks. Don't expect me to get all in a lather when someone pokes fun at you and your pedantic obstinancy.

We're all adults here (for the most part) and I'm not about to try and make people "behave decently", whatever the hell that means. That's not my job and I can't understand why you think it is.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Mutilated Mind

Concerned wrote:
I rather think everyone's been too hard on Mutilated Mind. Don't judge him until you've walked a mile in his bunny slippers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better yet, Concerned : read some threads I posted in around February or March 2006, you'll get a better understanding (I hope) of what went on before. I posted earlier under the nick of Bumbling Bee.

P.C.

Ummm, MM ???  It seems like you can't keep up with your own handle.  I don't think you posted here as Bumbling Bee.  Jolly Green Giant, perhaps ???
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Jolly Green Giant

P.C. wrote:
Ummm, MM ???  It seems like you can't keep up with your own handle.  I don't think you posted here as Bumbling Bee.  Jolly Green Giant, perhaps ???
-----------------------------------------------------------

You are still addressing me as MM, so you do feel Mutilated Mind is my nick and not that usurper's.... exactly the way I myself feel about it.

You are right, Jolly Green Giant was my nick before I used Mutilated Mind. I was mixing up with Bumbling Bee, the nick I had over on Discovervancouver, just before for some mysterious reason I was unable to post there anymore, even changing computers, ISP's and proxies - which is a mystery as big as the Bermuda Triangle is you ask me.

If you check on Bumbling Bee's messages on DV, probably about February this year, you will perhaps understand there might be a reason why I suddenly couldn't post there anymore. And no, I didn't violate any rules or anything of the sort as TehBorken would probably so much like so as not to have to accuse me of the terrible crime of "being annoying".

Jolly Green Giant
(aka Mutilated Mind)

|