UPGRADE - DONE

Started by TehBorken, Oct 30 06 08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Okay, the upgrade was performed and appears to have gone off without a hitch. If you see anything that don't look right or are having any issues, please let me know.

We'll be doing a security upgrade to the message board shortly so if things go wonky, don't worry.
If it works, great, if not then we'll revert back to the 'old' version and make the changes by hand.  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kingy

is there a way to limit the casale media banners? i see them all the time, sometimes 3 on a page.

Russ

For me its obviously working lol, my first reaction when I read this was 'what upgrade'?

So can I ask what was done?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

TehBorken

Russ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]For me its obviously working lol, my first reaction when I read this was 'what upgrade'?[/div]  So can I ask what was done?
Here are the details from the changelog, minor security fixes and stuff.

===========================================================
SMF 1.0.9                                                        29 October 2006
===========================================================
- Fixed the page title on the user account deletion confirmation page. (Profile.php)
- Some search parameters weren't being sanatized when accessing a previous search, leading to a potential XSS vulnerability (Search.php)
- Minor typo in PlushSearch2 prevented "user" search parameter from being remembered when trying to access a previous search (Search.php)
- Make sure to clean all strings when registering a new member. (Register.php)

TehBorken

kingy wrote:
is there a way to limit the casale media banners? i see them all the time, sometimes 3 on a page.

If I don't display banners, my son won't be able to get that brain operation he needs.
Are there some banners in particular you're referring to, or...?

The banners are basically there to try and recoup some of the costs in running the forum, the server fees, bandwidth costs, etc. (It never comes anywhere near the actual costs involved but every little bit helps.)

kingy

i totally understand the need for banner advertising, im not objecting to the use of banners.

i know you dont really have much control over what gets displayed but some sort of variety would be nice. i think ive only seen two or three different banners.

P.C.

Is it the Fart Button that's giving you concern, kingy ????   rofl
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I find the match/mate whatever there called ads kinda annoying.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

there is a fart button one? or did you just make that up. ive only seen the casale media and the google text ads.  

P.C.

lol....could I make up something like that.....no, there IS a fart button.  

P.C.

....and I have to add, I've never pressed it.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 ....and I have to add, I've never pressed it.[/DIV]
 Oh you are missing out... Trust me. <heavy sarcasm>
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims