Delta Airlines ruins your credit??

Started by TehBorken, Oct 28 06 10:23

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

From: [a href="http://www.boycottdelta.org/delta_background.html#credit%20killer"]http://www.boycottdelta.org/delta_background.html#credit%20killer[/a]

Starting later this month, Delta passengers will be asked a lot more than 'window or aisle', or whether you want that 'special meal'. Delta wants to know more: a lot more. As a pilot test of a new Orwellian airline 'security' program, Delta will be running background checks on anyone who flies Delta  from one of three as-yet undisclosed airports.

What will Delta do?

* Run a credit check on you;
    * Investigate your banking history;
    * Run a criminal background check.

You will then be assigned your own Threat Assessment Color

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(96, 191, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Greens will pass through security as normal.[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 255, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Yellows would require additional screening.[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Reds are not allowed to fly.[/span]

How will they determine what color you are?
No one knows.

Does a bad credit rating make you a terrorist?
No one knows.

Will an unpaid parking ticket flag you 'red'?
No one knows.

WHAT WE KNOW
For starters, this is an incredible invasion of privacy.
All the information gathered will be stored for fifty (50!) years on computers that may or may not be safe from malicious hackers out to steal your identity. Airlines can barely be trusted with luggage. Do you really want to trust Delta with your bank account, SSN, mother's maiden name, and credit rating? By their own admission, Delta's computer servers are attacked over 500 times a day.

DELTA : CREDIT KILLER

Pulling your credit report for this Orwellian reason may even be illegal.

Every time a credit report is run on you, it hurts your credit rating.

Frequent fliers will not only have a nice thick Delta dossier, but a damaged credit history to boot. Mileage or mortgage: the choice is yours.

Delta is the test airline for this invasive, un-American system. To be fair, the program is one created by the Transportation Security Administration in a horribly misguided attempt to make flying safer. It doesn't.

Today, it's just a pilot test running on a single airline: let's work to make sure this pilot test fails. Until Delta Airlines withdraws from testing CAPPS II and stops treating citizens like criminals, there's only one thing the American people can do: Boycott Delta.

[a href="http://www.boycottdelta.org/delta_background.html#credit%20killer"]http://www.boycottdelta.org/delta_background.html#credit%20killer[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Interesting. I never knew everytime a credit history is filed on you that your score goes down.

I hate flying Delta airlines anyhow so I refuse to do so when my company is booking my travel. I like BA and Air France when I fly. I hate Air Canada.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

That's insanity!! Then again, I'm not surprised. Guess it's only a matter of time.

And yeah, I agree with you, Russ. I hate Air Canada. Fracken lousy airline with lousy service and lousy everything.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I've yet to meet one person who has anything good to say about Air Canada and find it strange that it has a good name in other countries.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

I'm told this program is now defunct, but may be restarted if Fearless Leader Bush feels that it's necessary. Whatever that means.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.