Why Comedy Central Sucks

Started by TehBorken, Oct 28 06 02:26

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

"Jeff" came up with a funny and spot-on list of practical reasons why comedycentral.com's video-viewing UI sucks way more ass than YouTube. "Comedy Central, you're on notice!," he says, "they are stupid to ask YouTube to remove their videos." [a href="http://unreasonable.wordpress.com/2006/10/28/comedy-central-makes-youtube-remove-colbert-and-daily-show-videos/"]Link[/a].

Here are the top five reasons Comedy Central should [em]laissez[/em] the hell [em]faire[/em]:  [blockquote]# You have tiny pathetic little videos that can't be resized. It's like watching the TV in the next room through the keyhole of a closed door. # You use jvascript to launch a popup window. Therefore, I can't send a link to my friends or put a link on my blog to direct someone to the video I want them to see.[/p] # Your popup window can't be opened in a tab or resized. Give me control of my browser back.[/p] # Your popup window has an obnoxious background that I'm afraid is going to give me a seizure.[/p] # Next to your video, there's an ad that's bigger than the video (Firefox blocks it, but I'm still annoyed by the gaping hole that remains).[/p][/blockquote]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.