Retirement is fun

Started by Sportsdude, Oct 28 06 12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

My whole dream growing up was to see the Cardinals win the World Series. Well they won last night. First time in my lifetime and it gets the bad feelings of '82 off when my dad was hit by a drunk driver and in a coma in Milwaukee.

So I here announce that I'm retiring from being a fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals. I've seen everything I've wanted to see from them and I think its time for me to move on into the great beyond. I've got a world to see.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

And it's waiting to see you too!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

yup a world to see. I had 2 classes to finish and I finished 1 of them yesterday so now all I've got to do is to finish this one class and pass my spanish class with a C or better at Forest Park and off to Seattle I come!

Russ

Just curious, why did you choose spanish over french? Or is it more normal for spanish as a second language?

Is it also a requirement for uni's down there? I know you are supposed to have one for the entry requirements up here.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I orginally took Spanish in middle school then when I was going to take it in High School the program was full so I took French. Everytime I saw a french word I thought of Spanish. Then my senior year they cut the french program so I was SOL on the 2 years of a foreign language. So I decided to go back to Spanish at my local community college.