Cooking ideas?

Started by greycat, Oct 26 06 03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

You have room for sheep, Lise?  [insert shocked face here]  

Lise

Definitely. And you too, my dear.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I tend to eat a lot. (according to my cousins)
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

greycat

Thanks again, i will see if i can get to CostCo., i really could use a good crockpot cookbook. I will also check out that site on the prev. page. I am just so sick of falling back on pasta whenever we run out of ideas...so boring.
It is what it is.

Lise

Here's what I usually do when I'm tight for time. Whenever I buy meat, I come home and divide the pieces into zipper bags. Add in your favorite sauces or marinade (teriyaki is my fav) immediately, then zipped them up, toss into the freezer and forget about it.

Then when you need to do something, just thaw them out in the fridge in the night before so by dinner time the following you're ready eat. Pop onto the grill or bake in the oven until cook. Add veggies, potatoes or whatever you want as a side dish.

Easy, no?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Another book I've relied on for years, is a book called 'Make a Mix'.  I don't use it so much these days, but it was sure valuable when my kids were little and my 9 to 5 years.

The recipes are all 'master mixes', with numerous recipes with which to use them.  Breads, muffins, pancakes (a few things made from one 'master mix').  Drink mixes, soup mixes, seasoning mixes for all kinds of things.

Many of the recipes from the mixes are less than 5 minutes prep time

The only thing I still use out of that book is the granola recipe.  BEST granola, bar NONE.  4 or 5 bucks for a teeny box.....I don't think so.

I invested in some great, really large glass containers for the mixes.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I rely on the 1978 edition of the Woman's Guild of Valporaiso University cook book, or was it 1980? Can't remember now.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

That's a great idea, PC about adding in the sauce in with the chicken and throwing it in the freezer.  I would've never thought of that.  I'll do that next time for sure!  Thanks! :)

Bless ya!  

P.C.

Oh Oh.....you blessed me for Lise's post.  

(I do the same thing too......do I get to keep my blessing???  rofl)

purelife

Oooops, I thought it was you.  Sorry Lise, I'll bless you twice now for my boo boo....

THANKS LISE!

Lise

LOL. No probs there, purelife.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

There's been a whole lot of blessing going on.....and purelife, I can't stand seeing you hanging there at 199.

Allow me.

purelife

Sweet.  thanks PC!  *kisses*

49er

I survived my college years with this.......as dinner and the leftover as breakfast the next morning......

boil chopped potatoes and an onion or two in plenty of water till cooked;

empty in a can of corned beef;

simmer/stir till corned beef falls apart;

serve with sour dough bread

Lise

So 49er, what do you call your meal? The 49er Special of the Day?

You know what taste really good? Leftovers for some reason. I don't know why.
Bill Cosby.