Rednecks

Started by Gopher, Oct 26 06 11:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Hmm break ins suck. i've never had one but other problems. Like my church has been broken into a couple times. Why I have no idea and somebody shot out a window.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I'm the same.  I won't leave anything in the car that anyone would want.  If they feel they really need my one-dollar sun-visor, they are welcome to it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I can't remember the last time I locked my car here.  When we travelled down to Vegas last year, I couldn't get back into the locking mode, even though I knew we probably should, I just kept forgetting.  Our car was packed to the gunnels.  I suppose we were lucky, we had no incidents.

I always get a chuckle out of my sister when she comes to visit.  She has one of those lock over the steering wheel things. (oops...I forgot to add the part that makes me chuckle.....she even locks it when it's in our driveway)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

That's a club, and I won't leave the car without putting it on.  I remember a time when you didn't have to lock your car, or your house for that matter.  Since drugs have become such a big problem nothing is safe any more.

P.C.

Yes, I suppose that's true, unfortuately.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/e040.gif" border=0]

kitten

You are lucky to be where you are.  It must be one of the few remaining places in B.C. where you can feel safe.

P.C.

I'm not 100% that it's ALL about feeling safe (although I do), but I also think that if it's going to happen, at least they don't have to mangle it to get it.  I don't know anyone that's had this problem, although I'm sure it goes on over here too.

My sister had her car stolen twice in 3 months.  Both brand spankin new vehicles, both a total write off. She was in Poco.  They moved.

Sportsdude

Not to be rude but I'd rather have a car breaking in problem then what goes on in my city. Gang wars. People randomly shot and killed in the middle of the night. You can't walk in the streets at night and if you leave anything outside your house it will get stolen. Dangerous city. We also have a car stolen problem. But if you lived in the city of saint louis shootings in your backyard is the norm.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

Back on the topic of rednecks: I would estimate that the percentage of rednecks in the US is actually frighteningly high. Outside the big cities (and the big cities have plenty of 'em too) almost everyone you see is a 'neck in one capacity or another.
It seems the same in Canada too, from what I've observed. But I do get the sense that Canadian 'necks are more tolerant of others - I don't know if that's true or not. I know that if I moved back to the little logging community in northern Idaho that I grew up in, I would be viewed as a wacky eccentric wierdo.
I would think that the actual percentage of people who voted for bush in the last election is a fairly accurate number of  'necks in the United Snakes. Those are people who are easily swayed with flag waving and bible thumping.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others