The House On The Roof

Started by TehBorken, Oct 25 06 06:33

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Cool.  

That "house" on the roof of the Viennese Museum of Modern Art is actually an exhibition, titled "House-Attack" by Erwin Wurm:[/p] [blockquote] [em]The art project, entitled House-Attack by top local sculptor Erwin Wurm, is supposed to look as if the house has fallen out of the sky and landed on the famous museum in the centre of the Austrian capital.[/em][/p] [em]It actually took two cranes to put the huge sculpture into place, which is complete with a red roof, window boxes and a TV antenna.[/em][/p] [em]The artist said his work was a statement against over-development.[/em][/p] [/blockquote] [a href="http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2044019.html?menu="]Link[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

TehBorken wrote:

The artist said his work was a statement against over-development.  

That is an interesting concept.  I think he did it because it was fun, and had to make up an explanation in order to justify doing it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Really? You thought it was an interesting concept?

I guess it is in a way. My first thought is wow, theres no where else to put it? Which is in a way connected to overcrowding which is his idea. My next idiot thought, was I wonder how much the rent is and what it comes with.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

There's art and there's art. I never can understand the meaning of abstract art.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
There's art and there's art.

Lol, apparently "art" is whatever anyone labels anything they want to call "art". I wouldn't necessarily call it art, but I liked the picture.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

There's an art in everything, one of the greatest arts I know of is that which is necessary to understand art in its abstract state.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

ok i dont have that.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

I've always thought only the abstract artist could understand his/her own creation.  First it is painted, and then the explanation follows.  

Gopher

Too right, Kitten. How many times have you been to an art gallery and have had to read the title of a painting before knowing what it is? - or is supposed to be!

kitten

Not frequently.  I don't understand how several random strokes can illustrate the meaning of life, or some such thing.  The patronizing tones when you admit your ignorance don't go down too well with me either.

Alas, it is time to depart.  Peace be with you.

Gopher

And with you, as you make your usual artless retreat from this board.