What is your favourite word?

Started by Lisa Maree, Feb 27 06 04:09

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I've always like the sound of succulent. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/a100.gif" border=0]  It's so......so, versatile.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

I like onomatopoiea
and wherewhithal
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

P.C.

FC.....I like onomatopoiea
[/DIV]For shame, for shame....I have no idea what that is.[/DIV]In general, I like words that seemed to have been abandoned...perhaps too flowerey or old fashioned words.  But no other words have ever substituted their descriptiveness. (now there's a word ...or maybe not)

Chagrin.....what other word says it better.  I use it, and suffer the consequences.  

I never like it when someone uses words that are specific to what someone does, WHEN THEY KNOW you won't have a clue what they're talking about.  It's pretentious and I feel like they're purposfully putting you in the position of feeling like a dummy.  I'm open to learning new words, and I love it......BUT, there are times, I know they're being condescending.

Now THAT was a RANT.[/DIV]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Adam_Fulford

My favorite word would be "greenlighted"

Lise

Anything my daughter says.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

I've always been a big fan of the word "Yes!", especially when said by my date.

I had a friend who was dating a gal. Her father didn't like him at all and told her to loudly say "NO!" to anything he asked her to do. So on their next date he asked her "Would you mind if I remove your panties?"
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Schadenfreude

Does anyone remember the Monty Python sketch about "woody and tinny" words?

[TBODY]
[TR vAlign=top][TD][FONT color=#00007f]Father: [/FONT][/TD][TD][FONT color=#00007f][FONT id=Graham]Intercourse.[/FONT] [/FONT][/TD][/TR][TR vAlign=top][TD][FONT color=#7f003f]Mother: [/FONT][/TD][TD][FONT color=#7f003f][FONT id=Eric]Later, dear.[/FONT] [/FONT][/TD][/TR][TR vAlign=top][TD][FONT color=#00007f]Father: [/FONT][/TD][TD][FONT id=Graham][FONT color=#00007f]No, no, the word, 'intercourse' - good and woody...Inter...course... pert...pert thighs...botty, botty botty... [/FONT](the mother leaves the room)[FONT color=#00007f]...erogenous...zone...concubine...erogenous zone! Loose woman...erogenous zone..[/FONT].(the mother returns and throws a bucket of water over him) [FONT color=#00007f]Oh, thank you, dear...you know, it's a funny thing, dear...all the naughty words sound woody.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT color=#00007f] [/FONT][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Schadenfreude

Here's the whole sketch.

[A href="http://www.ibras.dk/montypython/episode42.htm#11"]Woody and tinny words[/A]
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Thread Cop

Re: What is your favourite word?
Hate and Love, because they are very powerful and also we see them everyday in our lives, atleast I do.  
*hi schademfreude*

weird al

curses

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

|