Vug

Started by TehBorken, Oct 19 06 10:50

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

RRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr. My power was out for a few hours. When it goes out, there ain't shit to do. Can't read, can't compute, can't talk on the phone. The house turns into a big ol' freezing cold, pitch black box. Yay for electricity.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

What do you mean cant talk on the phone? The phonelines are separate to your house;s power. Or thats how I remember it anyhow.

Cant read? Dont you have any candles around for romatic trists or emergencies?

But I agree power outages suck. Look on the bright side, its nice and quiet then...    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

We can't use our phones when the power is out either.

I love a power outage.  I love the absolute quiet (amazing how much white noise there is in the average household)   The mood shifts to instant calm. Your mind switches gears to options other than routine.  Cooking dinner on the woodstove and eating by candle-light and the glow from the fireplace.

The most we have been out of power at our place is 5 or 6 days.  Loved every minute of it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Russ wrote:
What do you mean cant talk on the phone? The phonelines are separate to your house;s power.

Cordless phones aren't. I have an old-style plug-in phone but it's got a 5-foot cord and it feels like I'm tethered to the wall when I use it.

[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Cant read? Dont you have any candles around for romatic trists or emergencies?

You can't really read by candle light, despite what people say. That's probably why that Abe Lincoln guy never amounted to anything.

[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]But I agree power outages suck. Look on the bright side, its nice and quiet then...
For anyone who does business on the net, it's The Kiss Of Death.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

lol, TehBorken.  Yes, it certainly would put a damper on things for you.

It never ceases to amaze me how we are so stuck in our routines and  dependancy on power though.  I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I have fleeting thoughts, like....well maybe I'll use this time to get caught up on the laundry or the vacuuming....NOT.

Or....well, if I can't watch TV, maybe I'll watch that DVD I've never made the time to watch.....NOT.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

Also, I walk into a room, and STILL flick the switch on the way in AND on the way out....rofl  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

LondonBoy

PC wrote :

Cooking dinner on the woodstove and eating by candle-light and the glow from the fireplace.

Only when one has or sorry, HAD a beautiful mistress.

Then the wife came in and and my candle-light flickered out.

And I still won in the divorce courts.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......      
If You Believe In The Will Of God, The Will Of Satan Will Never Destroy Thee.

Lise

Yeah, I can't stand not having electricity. Guess most of us are slave to the power company.

Worst is not having any water. The house in front of us had water damage or something like that. The city responded by cutting off all water supply down our block. Brilliant. No brushing, no loo...... I had to hold it in while we rush to work just so I can get to the loo on time. Nice considering I was pregnant at the time and only had to pee like every 1/2 hour or so.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.