What is your talent?

Started by kitten, Oct 12 06 09:16

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

Greycat mentioned the idea of a topic to express your own particular talent.  Mine is "Listener".  I hear an off note as soon as it is played, and since my late husband was a musician he found it a useful talent to have.  He transcribed scores to different keys, and I would check for accuracy. Badly played music makes my skin crawl.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

My dad was a music prodigy. He played the organ at church from 10 years old. I got his singing voice but thats it. Can't play an instrument but I know when something is off and such.

I'm good at taking pictures.

Driving very long distances without getting tired. (Drove from Saint Louis to Sarasota Florida non stop, Saint Louis to Denver) Saint Louis to Akron Ohio, Akron Ohio to Boston.

Poetry

history

geography

I don't get lost

tall

nice

good listener

helping people
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

That's a good, positive list.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Yeah I must think positive. Not negative. The stuff thats giving me negative thoughts is just that thoughts and don't mean anything.

P.C.

I like to create things and I'm inventive .  I get extra enjoyment, if I can make something out of salvaged materials or to totally 'repurpose' something.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I love doing that. That means you're not wasteful PC

P.C.

Absolutely Sportsdude.

I just like the way it feels to make something beautiful out of things that are no longer useful as what they are.

Russ

What do you mean by repurpose something? Make it useful for something else?

Dunno what I could say for talents for me.

I like working with my hands and thinking around a problem. When I solve something with my work, I get a feeling of accomplishment.

Im easy to get along with, and I am constantly surrounded by friends.

I hate studying though.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

What do you mean by repurpose something? Make it useful for something else?

Exactly.  My mom and dad were both like that too.

weird al

I'm a great procrastinator; at rationalising I am the greatest.

P.C.

lol, weird al.....that's one of my specialties too.

I was also going to say I'm very organized.....but I'm actually looking for a dvd RIGHT NOW, that has some pictures of some things I've made, but be darned if I know where it is.  

Moolah!

My hidden talent...

[A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_blush.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]    
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

purelife

I hate studying though.

LOL.  Same here.  Studying is a 4-letter word in my mind.

Hmmm, I don't know if I have a "talent" but I have a wonderful/charming/seductive smile/grin that makes people comfortable to be around me.  Umm, whatever that means.

Lise

Oh wow. I'm in a room fill with very, very talented ppl.

For me, I can paint a bit or sketch though not as brilliant as say, greycat.

I sing most wonderfully in the bathroom.

I can give birth anytime, anywhere.... BEAT THAT, YOU MEN!!!

And the cream on the top, breast feed faster than you can unbutton that top. Booyah!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I can give birth anytime, anywhere.... BEAT THAT, YOU MEN!!![/div]
I can cause a pregnancy anytime, anywhere...does that count?  

[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]And the cream on the top, breast feed faster than you can unbutton that top. Booyah!
I suppose I'd really have to see a live demo before I could comment.  I'm pretty good at the unbuttoning-the-top thing, though.    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.