Shootings lately..........

Started by Lise, Oct 04 06 09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

LOL. I could take some pictures sometime of where I build this house. I start from the turn off on the highway and go past Saint Louis University cool buildings, Fox Theatre cool buildings. But the instant I leave the Fox area I pass the traditional segregation line. The white people back in the day used to live only up to the Fox Theatre then you'd continue down the street and you immediately run into houses that are vacant and have collapsed, burned out buildings, crack houses, basically you enter a slum. At night people just randomly come up to you and kill you. Shootings happen every night. 12 year olds steal cars. Nobody gives a shit either. Thats the sad part. The white people around here say 'oh racisms dead' LOL, the only thing the civil rights movement did was stop the federal policies of segregation. Just because its not legal anymore doesn't mean that its not still practiced.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Lise wrote:[em][/em]
My two cents. Hope this doesn't offend you.

Not at all, I understand where you're coming from.

[/p]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

CK

I think Canada's gun registraion is the dumbest idea ever!

Why? Well, what ends up happening is so much $$ and attention is forwarded to honest hard working people that contribute to a positive society, whereas a criminal doesn't need to register a gun to have one in possession and make a gun work!

Its a big bullshit money grab! Its a big joke and it pisses me off! Meanwhile, the registration cost how much?? CBC estimates over 2 Billion dollars!

I am going to puke now!

P.C.

lol......no kidding CK.  Did they really have visions of thieves, rapists and murderers lining up to register their weapons?  If you can't get them to abide by one law, could we expect them to abide by two???   What on earth could they have been thinking.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

it is bizarre though. The freak that did the shooting in Montreal, actually had a registered gun..good thing he planned ahead and paid the feds their fare share first.

Sportsdude

The Registry works when someone steals a registered gun and uses. Its basically a tracking device for the police, so they can solve crimes quicker.

Vote No to reg.

Sportsdude wrote:
The Registry works when someone steals a registered gun and uses. Its basically a tracking device for the police, so they can solve crimes quicker.[/DIV]
 Is it worth throwing away billions of dollars on? Another Chretieeen scar on Canada!  

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
The Registry works when someone steals a registered gun and uses. Its basically a tracking device for the police, so they can solve crimes quicker.

Of course it would never be used against the citizenry to help control dissent or anything like that.

Okay, think this through. Let's say someone steals a gun and it's registered. How does that actually help the police? It won't prevent anything and it won't stop any crime. Cars are registered and no one seems to think twice about stealing them. The registration didn't stop this whacko who shot up the Amish school, did it?

So how would this actually do anything except allow the police to know who has a legally registered  firearm?

This may come as a shock to you, SD, but the answer to all of life's problems is not another inneffective law.

Sportsdude

The police like it, thats all. I'm not going to get worked up over this.

Its more of a culture I believe thats gone wrong.

I mean we have people sniping cars on the highway. There's something going on in today's society in this country that I can put a finger but I doubt anyone will fix it. Because its not a simple issue to solve. What I'm talking about is a much harder issue to solve and involves everyone to get involved.

All of these shootings that make the headlines have two things in common someone is using a gun and they are mentally distressed/distrubed. We aren't going to stop these things from happening until we can clearly know the warning signs. For example the kid in Montreal. Warning signs should have gone up when he was posing with guns. Parents need to stop being niave. The kid in Wisconsin always talked about shooting up the school. If anyone says anything about harming someone in school they need to be talked to.

Its like going through airport security. You don't talk about you having somekind of bomb. Here in Saint Louis at the Arch if you even mention the word "bomb" crack a joke even, you will get taken into custody.

I'm torn on gun laws. Because gun laws do work in the inner city but come off as wrong in the rural areas. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. So I'm more focused on the social reasons why people are pushed to kill. If we can't solve the reason why these kids and adults do this, then we won't get anywhere.

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
The police like it, thats all.

An excellent reason to be suspicious of it in the first place. The cops don't exist to promote your freedom.

I'm torn on gun laws.

Gun laws are almost useless because the only people that pay any attention to them are law-abiding people....the very ones that by definition you don't have to worry about in the first place. Criminals don't obey gun laws any more than they obey other laws. The only people that laws affect  (any laws) are the people who are already willing to abide by them. It's the same principle as the old maxim you may have heard: "locks only keep out honest people".

I am not saying there shouldn't be gun laws. I'm in favor of them, actually. But more laws won't make a bit of difference.

Gopher

To Lise:

Your two cents have just bought you a blessing! I'm in entire agreement with you.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I know tehborken, we've got into gun control fights before, you've always taken the responsible gun owner route I'm usually talking about illegal guns and guns in the hands of people with a criminal record. See in my state if I started a bill that said "Anyone with a criminal record of anykind no matter what the offence loses there right to own a gun" I'd be vilified and attacked for being a liberal loon who wants to take farmers hunting guns away. Which is simply just not the case.

P.C.

I'll agree with anything for a blessing.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a070.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
See in my state if I started a bill that said "Anyone with a criminal record of anykind no matter what the offence loses there right to own a gun" I'd be vilified

No, you'd be duplicating already existing legislation. Felons aren't allowed to own or possess firearms in all 50 states. Period. Has that worked?

Are you saying that someone who was busted for shoplifting 20 years ago would be classed the same way as a felon? How about someone who was arressted at an anti-war protest? How about a conviction for jaywalking? Where would you draw the line, or would you?

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I'll agree with anything for a blessing.

I blessed you, but you (implicitly) agreed to give me a passionate 100-degree kiss, the kind that make me feel light-headed and woozy.

|