firefox more vulnerable to attacks than explorer?

Started by kingy, Sep 26 06 03:56

Previous topic - Next topic

kingy

if you believe what symantec is saying. firefox has more flaws than explorer...

Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox had the most vulnerabilities in the last six-month period but Turner says Explorer has the largest window of exposure — the time between the announcement of a vulnerability and the appearance of a patch to close the loophole.

For Explorer, the window stays open an average nine days, compared with just one day for Mozilla.

Raver

I think its probably true.

The main reason you don't see as many exploits for Firefox is not because its more secure but  because less people have it so writing viruses, spyware, etc is less useful and far reaching.

Not to mention that your average compter geek has giant throbbing hate on for all things Microsoft, so that could be a motivater.

Thread Cop

"firefox has more flaws than explorer"

Uhuh i'm not buying that... No offense..
What makes firefox great is that it has an in-built pop-up blocker and also it's very flexible.  Sure IE has that feature of staying open for 9 days straight, but who would be online or be without restarting the computer for 9 days ? Maybe a small group or businesses.  Personal users don't do that. I think firefox has a flaw that is more related to media files; it can't play media plays online as good as IE.  And did you know that microsoft is trying to buy firefox. Maybe it's a rumor lol  

Lise

Microsoft is rumored to be buying Firefox. Ahahahaa..... don't tell that to TB. He's going to freak out.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.