Ohio "Pre-Crime" Registry Approved

Started by TehBorken, Sep 04 06 06:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Get ready to be guilty. All it takes now is an accusation, nothing more.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]The Toledo Blade is reporting that State officials have rubber-stamped a "civil-registry" that would allow accused sex offenders to be [a href="http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/NEWS24/608290360/-1/NEWS"]tracked with the sex offender registry[/a] even if they have never been convicted of a crime.

From the article: "A recently enacted law allows county prosecutors, the state attorney general, or, as a last resort, alleged victims to ask judges to civilly declare someone to be a sex offender even when there has been no criminal verdict or successful lawsuit. The rules spell out how the untried process would work. It would largely treat a person placed on the civil registry the same way a convicted sex offender is treated under Ohio's so-called Megan's Law."[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]  
This is your loving Government, taking yet another step toward Total Security and Safety. To this end we're creating, for each and every one of our beloved citizens, the Perfect Padded Cell.

All we want in return is your Freedom.

Remember, the Terrorists hate our Freedom. We'll  take it away, step by step, until there's nothing left for them to hate.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

They are in an Orwellian state of mind.  The thought police are next.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

It's Salem all over again. The peculiar (and very frightening) thing is that so many people actually support the idea.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

jeffbc

Where can I turn myself in for having impure thoughts?
Maybe we can get purelife to keep a registry?
[div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

purelife

jeffbc wrote:
Where can I turn myself in for having impure thoughts?
Maybe we can get purelife to keep a registry?
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]You can surrender to me jeffbc.  Please, sign at the dotted line.  

WOO HOO!  I'm the new cult master...    
 [div style="text-align: left;"]  [/div]

Dive

I broke is the living state of sit