Loving

Started by Big Whiff, Aug 29 06 07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Whiff

Does the average, well-homed cat expect and receive more loving that its owner?

Lise

And what is the purpose of asking this question?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Big Whiff

Adam_Fulford

It probably does.  Depends on the personality of the cat.  A feral once appointed me to be its caretaker, and could be quite affectionate to me.  If she initiated it, she demanded affection and wouldln't take no for an answer.  But she'd get annoyed if I tried to pet her without first being called upon to do so.  She was downright hostile towards other people -- especially females.  Come to think of it, she was a lot like one of my past girlfriends.

Gopher

This question demands a lot of thought. I'm waiting for kittten's guidance on the matter!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Yes, the average cat does expect a lot of love and attention.  Cats are not always outwardly loving to their people, but usually the person looking after them can expect an affectionate rub of the chin or a greeting at the door.  A well-loved cat will purr a lot which is also a sign of contentment and affection.  On the whole you can't expect as much love as you give, but rest assured that it is there, otherwise the cat would run away if it has half a chance.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.