This morning....

Started by TehBorken, Aug 25 06 08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

I'm off to take my son to the [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]extortionist[/span] orthodontist this morning...anyone care to hazard a guess on what the estimate will be for the full set of braces plus all the goodies that go with 'em?

I'm guessing in the neighborhood of $5K or so.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

Ugh. I don't envy you. We just got 'em paid off for our oldest. And they were crap (kept coming off), and unfriendly and unprofessional (they refuse to give reminder calls for appointments, so we kept missing appointments and they'd get snarky with us).
My estimate is get a large bucket and keep shovelling money into it.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

Yeah I got my teeth all fixed before high school now I have jaw problems and have to wear this 1,000 dollar night guard to but my jaw back in place.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

mine cost me about 4k in easy monthly installments and 3 years worth of pain.

P.C.

My question would be....does he VISABLY NEED braces.  

When my daughter was THREE (yes, 3) her dentist recommended she have braces.  Her teeth were perfectly straight....no overbite or underbite.  I said REALLY ????? WHY ? He said her palate was shaped in such a way, that it was a given her adult teeth would come in crooked and she was in for a severe overbite.

There was no money for these types of 'luxuries' in those days for us, so we didn't proceed with his recommendation.

I used my own common sense as my 'second opinion'.  Her adult teeth came in like perfect little chicklets, with no overbite.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

At 3?! Are they nuts. You usually wait til all the teeth are in to have braces.

P.C.

Well Sporstdude, I'm sot sure if they're nuts. but I'm certain they're wealthy.  lol

Sportsdude

Well for me they had to take out 4 teeth plus my 4 wisdom teeth just to make all the teeth fit right in my mouth. For a big person I've got a really small mouth. I might have had more taken out I'll count. It was so long ago I don't remember any more.

Sportsdude

Yup I've got 24 teeth. 12 upper 12 lower. They took out my first molar on both sides upper and lower.

P.C.

For a big guy I've got a really small mouth.

That beats the heck out of being a little guy with a big mouth.

Sportsdude

lol. Thanks P.C.

TehBorken

I didn't get an exact figure but it looks like I'm putting his daughter through college and buying him a boat while I'm at it.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Give him a row boat for now, and get a 2nd opinion.