Name the cat contest

Started by kitten, Aug 21 06 11:34

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

Thank you, weird al.  It will be added to my collection.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

This is my theory.......as he sounds much like my old cat Leonard, (PC's son) I'm thinking he has made the connection and come back to be your companion.  Leonard (we called him Lenny) because the Leonard  was a little stuffy for him sometimes.  He was a ginger tabby and a giant, but as laid back and gentle as they come......and he had a good sense of humour to boot. (He was a big adorable buffoon.)

I dropped a few tears for Spooky last night, and I never even had the good fortune to meet him.  So, I believe Lenny had a hand in guiding this new kitty to you.......so my vote is for Leonard. (or Lenny)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

It would be such an honour to name him after your Leonard.  He certainly sounds like my new cat, and looks like him too.  Thank you, P.C.

P.C.

I kinda liked Ian too, weird al.  I like giving cats 'people names'.  I had a cat named Dennis too.  (that one may have been a mistake.  Im sure all the other cats in the neighbourhood laughed at him, as he had very low self esteem.  Or maybe it was just because he wasn't very bright.  Poor Dennis)

kitten

Another name I thought of giving him, with your permission of course, was P.C.  Would that be OK with you if that's the one I choose?

P.C.

Now THAT would be an Honour (yes, with a capital H)

kitten

Thank you so much.  So far I like this one the best.    (but the contest is still open!)

P.C.

You're quite welcome........and I'll keep thinking of some new ones.  But right now, I have to zip into town for some gas.  I'm only minutes from work, so I can drive forever on a tank of gas.  As a result, I've become lazy about checking the gas gauge, and I noticed my gas light was on as I pulled up the driveway.  I'm unfamiliar with how long I can gamble with this, as it's the first time.

I'll be back in a bit.  

kitten

Sportsdude

Oh Oh Oh I've got a good name its a german dog name but oh well its got a lot of meaning. My grandpa had a german shepard when he was my age in Austria before the war his name was Ralphie. He loved that dog so much but he had to leave it behind when he came to the states. Always would talk about Ralphie. Even wrote to the owners.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kingy

Future Canadian

I've always liked "Spud". We had a cat named that growing up. My Dad had a knack for naming cats (my other favorite was "Flue Brush" for at all black cat).  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Gopher

I'll go for Ian as well. However, Cariad  would be a nice name to use (Welsh - darling).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

What great names you've sent in!  They're all nice names for a cat, and "Flue Brush" really tickled my funny bone.  I'm trying to stay away from people names and going more for descriptive or strange ones.  "Cariad" is a very good one.....short and appealing.  Thank you all for your help.

catnamer

[FONT size=2][FONT face=Arial][FONT color=#000000]Julian [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [FONT size=2][FONT face=Arial][FONT color=#000000]Ricky [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT size=2][FONT face=Arial][FONT color=#000000]Bubbles [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]J Roc[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]Mr. Lahey[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]Randy[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]Cory[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]Trevor[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]Ray[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2]Yeah, I'm a Trailer Park Boys fan.   [/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial color=#ffff33 size=2][/FONT]

|