Movies that scared you to death as a Kid

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 20 06 09:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Heck, I was trying to remember that movie. I saw that too when I was a kid. The Exorcist. My sister and I both watched that together and I remember we both clinged to each other during the head twisting scene.

Brrrrr....... still somewhat creepy till this day.

Another good one was Alien when it popped out of the guy's tummy. Eeeow.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

You know that movie is based off a real story that happend in Saint Louis? I know where the house is.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

My sister wanted me to see "Psycho" (1960 version) with her, and I'm glad I didn't.  She wouldn't turn off the lights for over two weeks which made it hard to sleep.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Sportsdude wrote:
You know that movie is based off a real story that happend in Saint Louis? I know where the house is.[/DIV]
 OMG. I get shivers just thinking about that..............................have you seen the place, SD?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah its an old locked up building that is vacant and empty on the campus of Saint Louis University. The house I haven't seen but a radio show down here tried to find it and I think did and there were people living in it.

Sportsdude

I think I'm getting the movies confused I'm talking about the exorsist and not carrie. The Exorsist was a true story where it really happend in St. Louis.

CK

Carrie was from the mind of Stephen King. I seen the show recently and I found it more of a sad story than a scary story, poor girl, just wanted to be accepted. Travolta in his younger years is in it too. Other than that, I don't get scared over any movies.    

Lise

Regardless, they're both scary. I'd pick Carrie to watch over The Exorcist any day. I can't watch that movie even to this day.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I don't like horror flick I think there kinda dumb.

meloncollie

Oh, a couple of scary ones from my 8-12 age range were "THEM," about giant mutant ants, and one of the Sinbad movies with the walking skeletons (still shivers me timbers!) Oh, and some movie that was a loose adaptation of a Lovecraft story-- but I can't remember the name...maybe it was more that it was unsettling more than scary.  It didn't help that I had to be home alone after seeing that, though.

A tv movie that scared the poop out of me, in a fun way, was "Triology of Terror"...well, the last of the triology-- the one with the tribal doll on a rampage with a butcher knife. I saw the remake recently-- did not live up to the original terror, hehehe.

Since my teens, though, there hasn't been much that scares me, moviewise (trying clothes on in the dressing room with full mirrors---now THAT'S scary, hehehe). I tend to be the person in the theatre rolling with laughter during the "scary" scenes that Hollywood vomits out in its movies. Ah, well.

You give love a bad name.

Orca

Jaws,

... and I always remember it when I was on the deep end of the swimming pool. Darn it!

The Omen.

Good thing I like Sam Neill in Jurassic Park, or otherwise he will always be Damian for me.

-------

Sportdude!

Land before time is the movie when you are small?

You are still little now!

Bambi, when the mom died.

I vividly remember cried loudly on the theatre. my mom said I was about 5.                  

Sportsdude

oh shucks Orca. Your making me blush.

Orca

You're even cuter when you blush...  

Sportsdude

oh thanks. I need the pep talk at the moment.