A Malicious Coward Posted Hate Messages in My Name

Started by Adam_Fulford, Aug 18 06 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

weird al

P.C. wrote:
    weird al, are you a writer by chance ?

- No, I'm just a typist

..........and by the way, is that your real name ?

-Yes.  

Adam_Fulford

P.C. wrote:

"I'm not scared of voicing my real opinions either....I just don't feel a need to back it up with my name address and phone number.  I don't believe there is a forum ANYWHERE that I would feel comfortable doing that.  The information I can learn from forums is not enhanced or more valid coming from a name, that I don't know anyway.  If an eight year old couldn't grasp this concept, their computer privileges would be terminated.

Would the racist crap be any more valid if the poster had used his real name ???  I don't think so.  Nor does it make comments from anyone foolish enough to use their real name any more credible.

Annika Vanion"

[FONT color=#0000bf]We have a difference of opinion, P.C.  Simple as that.  The main thing is that someone posted vile hate messages with my name, and I will try to rectify it via legal channels (at the very least, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out, and it'll make trouble for DV's owners, and that in itself will even the score to some extent).  I won't hide behind a handle.  If it's foolish to write in my actual name,  I join a great number of fools who I respect greatly.  [/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]On another note, Weird Al's post was pretty witty, I'll grant him that (and I appreciatively note the subject matter which he felt worthy of devoting his time and creative efforts).[/FONT]

CommonSense

"[font color="#0000bf"]I won't hide behind a handle.  If it's foolish to write in my actual name,  I join a great number of fools who I respect greatly." [/font]

Yes, but even you admit they're [span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]fools[/span].

The fact is that it's just plain stupid to use your real name on the internet- there are too many malicious people out there. When someone googles your name and finds this stuff you'll lose jobs, opportunities, etc etc....and most of the time you won't even know that it happened. They won't call you up and say they're not hiring you because they found this crap associated with your name, they'll just move on to the next candidate in line.

Simple common sense should tell you not to do something like this. If you disagree, please post your home address and credit card numbers along with your bank PIN codes and Social Security number.

In addition there are people who will steal your identity simply because you made it easy for them by giving them your name....with a little detective work they can piece together enough information about you to steal your identity, and YOU were the one that made it easy for them. It's not right, but it's the way it is. Face reality or get run over by it.
 [/div]  [div]

Adam_Fulford

CommonSense wrote:

Simple common sense should tell you not to do something like this. If you disagree, please post your home address and credit card numbers along with your bank PIN codes and Social Security number.

[FONT color=#0000bf]I disagree with you.  Discussing PINS and credit card numbers is a false comparison; those are meant to be secret.  People's names and personal info are everywhere.  Check out [A href="http://www.yellowpages.ca"]www.yellowpages.ca[/A]   Laws exist to protect people people from such attacks, and in Canada we even have anti-hate laws.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]The present emergence of Fascism in the States makes it imperative that people freely express themselves and not cower in fear of standing out.  Such fear heralds the end of democracy.
[/FONT]

X

Adam I removed the "adam fulford"  posts from that thread.
X MARKS THE SPOT

funnyfunny

Mr. Fulford, you do realize even if your posts are removed from DV, they will forever be in Google's cache.   All 499 of them.

Oh yeah, now your posts on DS are showing up on Google.  Granted, just one message, but people can click on that message, come to DS and do a search profile to see all 139 of your messages.

At least on DS you can delete your own messages instead of hassling the DV mods to do so on DV.  

Oh, you are just too funny, funny.      

funnyfunny

Oops, I meant all 366 messages on DS.  

Adam_Fulford

I don't have a problem with those ones.  Glad I make you happy.  That's the effect I have on people.

purelife

LOL LOL LOL!  And I posted this on the last page 3:  OMG, I'm psychic!  

[TABLE id=Table2 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]purelife[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][FONT size=1]Posted - 5/30/2006 2:13:22 PM[/FONT]  [HR noShade SIZE=1] I'm going to put my money that HE will be pointing this thread out and asking for a mod to delete it.  LOL!  

Mods, don't do it.  [/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

Adam_Fulford

By removing those horrid posts, X was doing the right, ethical, and legally wise thing.  Shows character.

purelife

Adam_Fulford wrote:
 By removing those horrid posts, X was doing the right, ethical, and legally wise thing.  Shows character.  

And for Teh Borken to allow your user name here, Teh Borken is being a forgiving, loving and caring Admin.

If it were me, I would bann your sorry ass for your constant whining and bitching about using your "real" name.  Heck, didn't you say your name was like Gene/Dean or something?

Adam_Fulford

Oh, well...

Strangely, I don't feel the hostility towards you that you seem to be expressing towards me for defending my name against misrepresentations. But, I take a lot of abuse and rejection (and some praise as well) in my chosen endeavors (entertainment related), so I can handle it.  We have a difference of opinion, that's all.      

purelife