Gardening questions to Gopher

Started by Lise, Aug 20 06 11:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Hey Gopher,

When's the best time to plant hydrandeas? (sorry, dunno how to spell) Do they need a lotta a sunshine? Do you prune them?

Having difficulty with my lavender. I've got a French Lavender that seems to be on death roll. No luck with lavenders lately. What the hell am I doing wrong? I prune them back in the fall, they do ok when spring shows up but die the following year.

Thanks in advance.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Hi Lise.  Sorry,but Gopher just left for a two-week holiday.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kitten

I googled lavender and learned that it needs sunny well-drained soil.  If it is in the ground you might get better results if you transfer it to a pot.

For hydrangea I didn't find the ideal planting time, but one article suggested that late May or early June is a good idea.  Hope this helps.

Lise

Hi Ms. Kitten - thanks for the heads up and the tips. I'll await the wisdom of Gopher when he returns.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

That's the best idea, Lise.  Always go to the source of wisdom.

Sportsdude

Found this website Lise, my help before the expert comes back:

[A href="http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/index.html"]http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/index.html[/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Hi Lisa, I'm no expert with hydrangeas. I imagine the best time to plant them out would be spring. Keep VERY well watered. I usually just break off a piece, stick it in the soil - and it grows. Not sure about the pruning of them, I think I do it on an 'as necessary' basis.You can change the colour of them by adding various things to the surrounding soil.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help and tips.
Bill Cosby.