Blunt Bros. - Vancouver

Started by CK, Aug 18 06 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic

CK

That makes sense FC! Problem is, we would be relying on our politicians to make sense too. I think if Canada was serious about legalizing the herb too, that would be an act of war towards the US and we would be the new Axis of Evil. (if we aren't already?). The US gov. would take it more seriously than any softwood or cattle fight.

Sportsdude

heck they already consider the 4 pillar program government assisted suicide.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

US claims to love democracy. But if a majority of Canadians believe it should be legalized it wouldn't mean a thing to them. Mexico already folded on the issue faster than Superman on laundry day. I hope Canada one day exerts its sovereignity and does the right thing to force the issue. I'm geussing it's not gonna happen with the conservative trio we have running the continent, though.
Once they get a whiff of all that extra tax and tourist revenue though...

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

America doesn't see it that way. F.C. they never will. The White House has too much power. If a state for instance lowered the drinking age, they'd loose all federal funding for highways. Basically, the Federal govermnet does legalized black mail and santictions on its on people.

But that policy would radically change if for instance California decided to be progressive. Because the feds can't sanction the number 8 economy in the world. The country would go into a depression. Thus it would end the scare tatics by the feds.  If anything is ever going to change on any social issue or any issue at all it MUST come from California because California is the only state in the union that can create mass change.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

Its probably because tenkani lives in California.

weird al

CK, I done messaged ya.

Future Canadian

Help us Obi-Wan Tenkani. You're our only hope.*bzzzt*crackle*  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

CK

weird al wrote:
 CK, I done messaged ya.[/DIV]
 Cool! I replied.    

CK

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=25ge4cy"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/25ge4cx.jpg" border=0][/A]