The best age to be...

Started by meloncollie, Aug 11 06 04:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

That's a really good positive attitude to have, greycat.

Here's to all our years, the good and the bad, may our upcoming years be filled with riches and wonderfu experiences.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

greycat

Yes, Lise, cheers to that!  :)
It is what it is.

Gopher

To Lise: your sentiments echoed - and amplified.

To Greycat: I've found it just keeps getting better, still some exciting passages here and there, but with the years comes more contentment (you sort of get to know who and where you are, and have the necessary skill to meticulously repeat old mistakes without feeling the previously devastating after-effects). Best of all, you keep your dreams and ideals intact (this used to be a great concern of mine in my youth: will my ideals alter? They didn't, but my expectations lowered).
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

What about for you? What's the age where you were rockin' it?  Why was that age better than the one you're at now?

I'd like to be older, ie, in my late 40's.  I think that that is a beautiful age.  

I liked being 17 because grade 12 was somewhat fun.  There were some years, ie 19, 20 with memorable milestones.  Other than that, I just have to wait until I get older.

kitten

I'm now 65 and I think I am more content than I've ever been.  I've learned not to worry about the future.  At this age there isn't nearly as much future to worry about.  I don't expect much from people any more;  I've learned my lesson on that.  I'm doing a job that keeps me fulfilled and happy, albeit very tired.  So I think that life is very good, and I wouldn't want to go back to my younger inexperienced self.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

soapbox

10 years old:

carefree,stressfree life that included what seemed to be an endless long summer.forts in the forest and jenny up the street.

18-19:

seemed to be a life of endless possibilities and choices,had a paycheck and no real responsibilities.surrounded by good friends before it seemed we all parted ways.

29-35:

dreams came true for business and found some of those long since lost friends.trusted myself more,confident in the choices i had made up until then.met vicky.a time for balanced reflection on the path so far.