Bad Impressions

Started by Gopher, Jul 27 06 10:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Some Chick

Does for me.  Ditto the thong showing.

I was in a disposable job being trained and this woman in front of me was leaning forward at her desk with this tattered, grey thong hanging out for all to see.  It was not remotely sexy and just made me think she couldn't really be all that bright if she wasn't aware of how bad it looked.

Same applies to bra straps.  I don't know how many times I've seen greying, fraying straps on shoulders that just appear not to care.  

If you're going to share your underwear with the rest of us, at least make sure it's clean and new.

P.C.

If you don't care if it shows, I agree.....at least make sure it's perfectly clean or new.  As far as the undies......wear them UNDER.  I suspect there's a reason they call it UNDERwear.  

I have a friend who always has stuff hanging out.....she DOESN'T care what people think AT ALL.  She couldn't be kinder or bigger hearted if she tried.  She's witty and funny and I would truly have missed something by not having her in my life had I let that first impression influence me.

(And shifting the topic a tad, what's with people who come to job interviews wearing the same thing they'd wear to the beach or a night club.)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

rofl.....that's just poor planning. rofl
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Some Chick

See people that don't understand first impressions make inappropriate choices for themselves.

And I also have friends that don't give a good impression at all.  One of them is a 375 pound man that sweats if he walks five feet.  But I love him to death, however, people take one look at him and peg him as a stupid slob.

It's not really about whether or not your first impression of someone is right or wrong, it's more about the basic understanding that we all have them, and if you want yours to be better, you just need to be a little more self aware and take care of those areas you have control over.

Now, THESE straps I might show.

purelife

ooo...that's a very pretty strap.  I haven't seen that before.  

Thanks for your input girls.  So, no strap showing no matter how clean the strap look, right?

Some Chick

If the strap is really obviously different from the top, it shouldn't show.  If you have a strap that is fairly similar in shape, width, colour, it can peek out, but should align with the top strap exactly.

I want to get some of those jeweled straps.  Or even the clear plastic ones aren't as bad.  That will take care of a lot of issues I have with certain shirts.  I have a pretty decent bra collection but there are only two that work with the tanks.

People say a lot about what they want their first impression to be.  Piercings, tattoos, hair, clothes, makeup... We're ALL trying to make impressions of some kind.

My idea of a good impression might totally gag a goth chick.

purelife

Where can one find that fancy bra in the picture?  I don't think that I've seen it before....  

Where do you buy your bras?  La Senza?  I find their lingerie/panties/bras are bad in quality.  Same applies to La Vie en Rose.  

Some Chick

I buy most of my day to day stuff there.  I'm a C and they're one of the first stores I found where I could buy cute/sexy looking stuff that fit and didn't look like my mother's underwear.  

Matter of fact, I need a few things.  I'm gonna do that today!

purelife

Jacob lingerie has a really good sale on right now, if you're interested.  They have some ok lingerie items.

Sportsdude

Anybody who starts doing racist slurs

Anyone who calls me a nazi because I'm german and have a german sounding last name

Anyone who looks like a redneck and talks like one

Anyone who puts pro-life or nra stickers on the bumper of their car

Anyone who uses racist slurs to speak about other races

Anyone who talks like they are on Laguna Beach

Anyone who watches MTV.

Short short pants, tank top t-shirt that reads "Say hello to these puppies", flip flops, and giant sun glasses that cover the entire face and chewing gum or smoking.

Anyone who puts a wing on there car and or a giant over sized muffler that makes there car sound like its taking a crap.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Some Chick

purelife wrote:
 Jacob lingerie has a really good sale on right now, if you're interested.  They have some ok lingerie items.[/DIV]
 Look at that, purelife, we got you to 1005 points with all that babble  :)

Where's Jacob's?  

purelife

LOL, Somechick!  WOOHOO.....with the help of you and everybody else of course... I couldn't have been talking to myself all that time... ;)

Plus, I don't feel like working.... :P

Jacob is on Robson Street past Thurlow intersection.

Sportsdude

[A href="http://www.jacob.ca/"]http://www.jacob.ca/[/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Some Chick

Right on my way home.  I shall take a peek!

soapbox

spitting in public

body odour

picking nose on bus

swearing

smoking crack in public or anywhere

pants that hang around the waist

people who don't pay bus fare and say they just need a ride

people who gawk

rap music played loud in a little low rider import cars

vietnamese coffee shops along kingsway  

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Is Washington state larger or smaller than a basketball?:
Does the aircraft carrier USS Saratoga fly or float?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview