English Bay Fireworks

Started by Some Chick, Jul 26 06 01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

sounds like a nice comfy job...as long as you enjoy it.  :)

Some Chick

I love it.  I'm slacking today because I'm tired, but after being here for about 8 months, I'm one of the top sales people and every time I make a sale, I'm making a difference to people who need help.

Doesn't get much cooler than that.  Plus I can work in sweats if I feel like it, or wear a suit if I'm so inclined.  I'll be working from home once I set up an office.  Or I could move and take my job with me anywhere there's internet and phone...

I just won a trip in a sales contest and gave it to my parents.

It's a good job.  Too bad I'm so lazy today.

Hence the prolific posting.

Sportsdude

what exactly is sales?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Somechick, is it some sort of timeshare, vacation sales that you do?

Some Chick

No I sell an online search engine that helps non profit organizations sort through the information on the IRS returns of 85000 foundations so that they can figure out who to ask for what.

Sportsdude

oh. Because when I think of sales I think of either somebody who works at the mall, car dealer, or telemarketer.

Some Chick

There are many kinds of sales.  You're a victim of believing the stereotype because you probably haven't met any REAL sales people.  I'm customercentric.  It's about them, not me and if they're not ready, I don't push.  I tell them I'm not going anywhere and I'll check back with them periodically to see how they're doing.

I'm in sales because I fell into it when I was offered a job at a newspaper selling advertising space and writing copy.  I realized that I could write my own paycheck, and I've never looked back.

I'm very good at what I do and when I'm finished, no client of mine ever feels "sold".

I help them.

Sportsdude

So your one of the good guys. Why do telemarketers call during dinner? RRRRRR, makes my family angry. Distrupts the classical music and conversations going on.

Aboozer

because they know that you are home. I always have fun with them, till they hang up on me.
I am who I am, love me or hate me...f*ck you if you don't like it.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Some Chick

I tell every telemarketer "The home owner is not back until next year."  They don't push any further and that's the end of it.

Some Chick

I have to say that it does annoy me to have to deal with stereotypes about the type of work that I do.  

And even the old car sales stereotype -- You know what?  They also provide a service.  Granted, the nature of their business forces them to push or starve or be scooped by the next more assertive sales person, BUT if you want to know how many miles are on a vehicle, whether or not it has been in an accident, who the last owner was, want gas in it for a test drive, want it sprayed so you can see the paint for chips, want someone to negotiate repairs with the shop for you...

You think it's worth doing all of that yourself?  Then spare a sales person and stay off the lot.

*End rant.*

Aboozer

I start asking stupid questions about their product that make absolutely no sense, and they always have to put me on hold to ask their supervisor. I find it very entertaining.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Sportsdude

I never have picked on on them before we usually just turn the phone on for 3 seconds then turn it off or say no thanks.

Thought about striking up a conversation with them. Like if you have a problem with your computer and you call IBM it goes to India. Start asking what's it like over there, seen any good bollywood films lately, say how's it going. And its funny because they are taught not act from India so they will deny it.  

Aboozer

a carpet cleaning place once called me and offered me a free carpet cleaning. I told them that my carpet was too fluffy, so I asked them if they can mow my carpet. The guy put me on hold and said he can look into it. What an idiot.

NOW WHERES MY BEER!

Sportsdude

yeah sorry about the car salesman line. Funny thing is that I haven't ran into that syndrome at the Honda or Toyota dealership but you go to the Chevy or Ford dealership and they hound you like lion on a antelope.  Can't they see I'm just looking? Went to this one chevy dealership and they basically almost forced us to buy the car. We were like what the hell I don't want to buy the car and they still insisted.

We ditched them after he said he was getting the keys for a test drive. Go to a honda or toyota dealership and they don't mess with you. I guess the Honda and Toyota dealers can see that you are a teen and not really a customer while Ford and Chevy are like "PEOPLE, Must talk to People".  They'd probly try to get a 10 year old to buy a car. They're that bad.  

|