Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

that would be awesome I love fish.
I had cheerios

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Hullo postmonkey.. um, if you dont want beef teriyaki.. why dont you have something else?  Rather than apples, they are healthy for you.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Having the daily special is safe and stress free.

The cafeteria workers don't speak English and my Spanish is gut wrenchingly aweful.

So it's nice to be able to just point at the sign for the special and get something predictable.

But I'm not in a terriyaki beef mood.

Sorry to get so personal.

Good morning, Russ   :)  
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

P.C.

Mmmmm...fish.

No, I wasn't kidding SD.  It was 43 according to our friends thermometer yesterday, and a few degrees cooler than that at our house.  Oh blessed trees that keep us cooler in the summer and cozy in the winter.

Post Monkee.....I like the heat.  Not too hot...but hot is nice.  There was once a time that we could sit in our yard nekked....now with neighbours taking out some of their trees....not so much.  Goofs.  Inside the house stays nice and cool.

The Island is often in the 'Hot Spots in B.C. today' segment of the news.  I think people think it to be cooler, as it's always a few degrees cooler right on the water.

Poor Monkee......what is going on with your weather?      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

43? eow!
that's insane.

kitten

Good morning, or at least what's left of it.  I was late getting in, so I'm trying to catch up on everything as well as having a bowl of cereal with blueberries, and typing with my third hand.  lol  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Devil

I am loving this heat. We just set up a nice sleeping area in my rec room in the basement. My son loves it, we watch the 'big' TV at bedtime. It is very cool downstairs. Walking up to the main floor though, it is like walking into a wall of heat. Still, I am loving the heat. Tonight we are going for a bike ride after supper.

leftover BBQ chicken w/ rice and veggies for lunch!  

purelife

Lise wrote:
A note to you guys working Downtown. Expect tons of Ismaili people around the GM Place. Today is one of their celebration day, Kushiali (or whatever you call it) and parking might be tight. Just be on the lookout.

Speaking of this, our Company gave all Islamlic Employees a day off tomorrow with pay.  I don't find that very fair considering other religious groups in our company.    

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Actually, dear sweet Miss P.C. *hugs*, this is typical for around here.

It's pretty much fog year round. Escept when it rains   :)

On the plus side, it never gets too hot, and rarely gets very chilly.

And we have the microclimates from hell. It is insane. Like here at the office it is continuously fog-bound, but when I go hiking, it's a 15 minute walk over some dunes to the sun. It's like this is the epicenter of some ill-advised scientific experiment which has frayed the boundaries between this world and some darker, more terrible realm. One day I fear the membrane will rupture entirely and squid-headed demons will spill out, snarling and hungry for human flesh   0_0    
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

hehehe pm
lol!
*gasp*

there's a stop on the metro in d.c. called foggy bottoms. For some reason when people talk about fog I start laughing.

Gopher

We've got a Lily Bottom and a Six Mile Bottom.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

yeah but foggy bottoms is the stop for the Watergate district aka land where D.C. politicos do naughty things.  

P.C.

Really Monkee? [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d058.gif" border=0] *hugs back*   That surprises me.  We must have been lucky when we were there....it was most beautiful.

I don't think I can wait until lunch time for lunch.  I got up too early, and it feels like 2:00.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

Ha! Are you in the Bay Area?

When I moved there a few years ago, my co-workers told me, "you see the weather today?....it should be very simular for the next 10 months". Fog, chased away and then blue sky..could almost set your watch to it.

very beautiful there!

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Microclimates.

You probably spent your time in Monterey or Pacific Grove.

They can afford to have sun over there. Luckily I don't mind fog.

Crap, I sort of wanted to get some work done today but it's not looking good.

EDIT: Not quite, Devil. I'm south about 100 miles on the central coast, but I grew up in Berkeley, across the Bay from S.F.

They get microclimates there as well. S.F. is cold, windy and foggy. It's just one of the reasons I would never want to live there.

|