So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

awesome lise, the dishes you make sound soooo good and interesting. Here its always boring chicken or something.
I had a frozen japanese rice dish, spicey.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Thanks, SD. I try to make something creative every so often. It's just too bad my family don't always agree to be my guineapigs (hubby flat-out refuses to try anything Asian) so I have to stomach everything in myself.

I watched Rachel Ray the other day on Missouri cuisine. Looks pretty darn interesting. I didn't know there's "two side" of Missouri (unless I'm mistaken....) but your town look like they've got some good eats.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Oh yeah there's two missouri's. There's the one I love and grew up in and then there's the on I don't like. But food wise you can't really beat the cultural influences of either Kansas City or Saint Louis. Toasted Ravioli, thin crust pizza, beer, bbq (kc and stl). If you like Italian food, St. Louis is the place to be.  

Lil Me

Hi!  *waves*

Just a quick hello as I'm moving junk today.  Trying to get my parents' house cleared out as they want to move into a condo.  My junk collecting friends have already taken 2 truckloads of crap, and there's another one to go.  Haven't backed into anything *yet* in my friend's 3/4 ton.

Meanwhile, Mr LM took Heckyl, Jeckyl and two borrowed kids to McDs and Transformers.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Heya Lil Me! Sounds like a lotta work. Downsizing and clearing off all that clutter. Can't imagine after years and years of collecting stuff. I need to get rid of a couple of things too.... waiting for Ms. Orca to tell me how to do it soon.

Lovely day today. Not too hot. Hmmm..... Dinner was spagetti.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

its funny how homes always become storage lockers full of junk. Its like death and taxes. inevitable. lol

Russ

Ack! My packrat instinct is in overload with the description miss Lil Me is giving...

Two truckloads? I feel.. like Im missing out here.. lol.

Dinner was rotiserie chicken wiht a group of friends at a friends house.. while making smoked jerky in the smoker. First batch turned out great.. not much left! lol.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

grilled hot dogs and watermelon  

kitten

That sounds like a great meal, Russ!  I like your new statement as well.  So true!

SD, I don't envy you the hot dogs.  I never did care that much for them.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

same here. The only thing I like that comes with buns are brats. I don't eat a lot of hamburgers either. Maybe 3 times a year.
Can't believe I used to gulp down Wendy's triples all the time when I was younger.

Devil

Wendy's makes Baby Jesus cry! Blecchhh!

Happy Monday! The weekend was gorgeous! So nice to be far away from a city...now...its Monday and I am back....*sniffle*.

P.C.

Good morning Devil.......I trust your camping trip was wonderful !  Tell us about it...tell, tell, tell !!!  Paint us a picture please ?

Another glorious day shaping up out there.  Must get moving and get out there and enjoy.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Yes give us all the details!!

Were you out in the wilderness on 7/7/7???

Did anything strange happen???

Did the curtains part for you???????
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

P.C.

Good morning Monkee !

070707 was a wonderful day.....I feel luckier already.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c015.gif" border=0]

.....and what did you do this weekend?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Miss P.C.  *hugs*

On Saturday I waited patiently for the aliens to make contact and/or open my third eye.

I'm still third eye blind and I blame Proj for wasting half my weekend, wtf?

Happy Monday    =)
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

|