So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Heya Ms Pit!  Is there still an issue with the possible flooding in your area?

Sportsdude

good morning pl, pb

I'm bored and its too hot to go outside

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

not at the moment.  As long as temps stay cool...we will be fine.  But some nice glorious sunshine would be welcome today.

Yah yah SD...rub in the nice weather..

Sportsdude

I'd take your weather in a heart beat. We're in the unbearable time of year now. Where its not safe to be outside during the day. Only mornings and evenings. It'll be like this everyday for the next 2 months.  

pitbullca.bc

if we had that type of weather...or any type of weather at this moment...we would be pulling out our rubber dingies again.  The sun IS trying to shine though...kudos to the sun...for a valiant effort! haha

Sportsdude

I'd take your weather to be honest. I hate the feeling of burning up or being in an oven.  

purelife

I like this kinda of [STRIKE]wild [/STRIKE]mild sunshine weather.  It's not hot at all.  I get cranky when it's super hot because our apt is totally unbearable.  So, yeah, SD, I totally understand.  I walk out, and I'm already drenched in sweat!  SUCKS!  

pitbullca.bc

I sorta hear ya.  Forgot to turn my oil heater off in my room last night...woke up around 2am...sweatin buckets..and goin..omg! pant pant! omg!  

Sportsdude

Its already 30 C outside and its only noon.
And this is the 'nice' weather. Around my birthday if its not below 35 C we are in a 'cooling' period.

pitbullca.bc

holy crud SD!  ok..yah...too hot for me!  That is siesta time for me!  I work in airconditioning...so on my lunch hours .. I will sit outside to warm up.  blech

Sportsdude

yup that's what its like here in the summers. I walk outside to get the mail. I have a hard time breathing and I don't have breathing problems, then I get back to the house a couple meters away I'm sweating. No Fun :(((  

Sportsdude

Yeah last year it didn't go below 38 C for 3 weeks in July. And a couple years ago it was over 100F (37.8C) for an entire month and about 100 people died.
And its never 'dry' heat. Its 'wet' heat with high humidity. So its hard to breathe.  

Sportsdude

The thing to watch out for here is the heat index. when it gets that hot out. People think it just normal heat where it feels that temp. But in reality the heat index in the hot summer months hover around 43 C during the summers.
So if its 38 C out the 'real feel' is 43-45 C (110 F)

Sportsdude

just checked weather canada and you guys must live in heaven 20 C! oh that's the perfect temperature!  

purelife

So, what's for lunch?

|