So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I can't decide if I want to bless you or smite you, Monkee.  Bless for being here and smite for ignoring us for so long.  Hmmmm, a dilemma!    

Lil Me

Hi Monkee!

I jumped on the parsnip bandwagon!  Boiled parsnips are da bomb, Goph!

Tonight's dinner was chicken vegetable soup with toast and parsnips.

Was planning to go fight at the gym, but too frustrated with Jeckyl, so I started drinking wine as soon as I got home.

Grade 3 homework issues :(

I'm finished grade 3, so I shouldn't have to do this....*sighs*    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Who doesn't love the rain?

I'd probably fail 3rd grade math. Then again I never had the patience for math.

I ate too much at the pub.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Sorry for the invisible man routine. I know it gets old.
Remember when Gandalf was pulled down into the pit and was just...gone for a while before he recovered his life forces?
It's nothing like that.

Anyway leftover pizza.

Hugggsssss

Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

No problems invisible man, we're all slaves to the invisible hand anyway.

Subway and coke.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Subway?
What like a 6 inch sub?

Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

P.C.

I'm thinking SD would be going for the foot long.  Or maybe even two.

It's seriously gorgeous outside today.  

Hi lil monkey.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Hi PC!!!  :D

Yeah, the dude does have a lot of height to feed.

I haven't had lunch yet because real estate agents, landscapers and city waste management has been crawling up my ass.
So long story short im hungry.

Sportsdude

6inch flat bread spicy italian with a diet coke was lunch.

LM@work

Heya everyone!  Fridayyyyyyyyyy!

And Spring has Sprung.  Wow.  

Gopher

Hi LM. Glad you're into parsnips. Until this year I'd only had them roast, but now that I'vestarted boiling them, I can't get enough.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Happy Lunch!!!
I'm starving. My dog just brought in an old rawhide that she had buried in the back yard.
It had softened in the moist earth and looks like an old limp sock in her mouth.
I better eat now before we start fighting over it.

purelife

Hi everyone!

All this talk about turnips is making me crave them now.  It's definitely going to be one of the food I'm feeding baby.  Mmmmuuuuussst buy some turnips now.  :)))  I also like rutabagas.  

Orik

Disgusting is all I can say about turnips and the idea of parsnips makes me want to be sick.... Not one of my favourite vegetable's I would sooner eat 1 full cup of Brussels Sprouts before eating 1 teaspoon of turnips or parsnips... just so every one knows, I hate Brussels Sprouts and normally use the dessert spoon as a catapult to fling them little round disgusting vegetables as far away as possible..

Just to give you an idea of how much more I hate turnips. Another vegetable I also dislike would be the Zuchinni or squash. Some vegetables are horrid beyond horrible and my top 5 dislikes. Turnips and others of similar family Beets Rutabagas parsnips. Brussels Sprouts Zuchinni,Squash, Boiled Cabbage ( raw cabbage is fine ie salads and coleslaw.) boiled the smell is vile and the flavour not much better. Cabbage rolls on the other hand Delicious cabbage can be strange some forms it is edible other ways I can't stand it..

I wonder if I am allergic to something in these vegetables and I hate them with such a passion because of it.

Can it be possible to be allergic to certain vegetables and fruits with out knowing it and the reasons you can not stand to eat those said fruits and vegetables because it's the way of your body defending its self through dislike or of it is all just all in the mind... < gonna go ponder this while I go to my old job site to see if I have a spare tire there I seem to have broken another Axel....

Lunch will be whatever is being sold at Quest on Hastings Street sometimes they have some amazing product. most of the time it is not very appetizing but for those with low incomes it is a nice place to shop if your not overly concerned with due dates..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Cream of mushroom soup over jasmine rice. I am out of food so Superstore is calling...

Oh oh curling is on.

|