So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

Its Andy Kauffman and his Mighty Mouse "I come to save the day!" routine. It's in response to Lil Me. lol

sorry if its above you.
Dion looks like a mouse. Dion is a mouse. The video implies of a guy going to 'save the day' but he's too nerdy. Dion is nerdy. The way Kauffman dances implies a person running up and saying "I can save the day from all our troubles!"

anyway morning.
I'm off to ride my bicycle.  

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Van

G'morn. I toasted a bagel. Put on some cheese and egg, tadaa!! bagel breakfast!

(yes, it isn't the REAL Montreal style bagels Michel...) but it will have to do for now.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Well its about Mighty Mouse the cartoon which was a parody of Superman. I'm sure it went outside of the US culture wise.

Van

And YES!! Some Orange juice, freshly grounded bean brewed coffee, and then I am going for a morning swim. Pretty sweet Tuesday so far.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

SD wrote:  sorry if its above you

[img height=146 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif" width=155 border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Back from my jaunt around campus, found the farm finally. Woah P.C. big eyes there. lol  

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:

sorry if its above you.

I do this for any U Tube video or similar link. I dont click it. Sorry if you think its all about you.

How do you bike ride so much? Ive completely lost interest in bike riding, I get bored and mad its taking me so long to get there.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

haha. the above you wasn't about you. nevermind though, me being silly. lol

It was good. I biked the UBC Farm through the condo development and around. I need a new chain and the gear shift fixed but other than that its good. Now if I can find things that I seem to constantly misplace. oh dear.

Only problem I hate about biking in Vancouver is living on UBC campus. lol the giant hill on Marine coming back and I have a hard time with biking on busy fast streets. But once I get this chain fixed I'll just bike to St. Louis once the finanicapocalypse hits. lol

Russ

<tap tap tap> is this thing on? Seems pretty quiet. You would almost thing PC is doing something.

Ill give something.

So Im kinda in a position again. lol. I found a 1999 fully loaded suburban. Sounds good condition. CHEAP CHEAP. After a number of emails with the owner, he has invited me to come look at it.

Problems:
It has a pooched engine. I dont know much about these engines, and all the places I call for a used engine dont have any.. they have sold them out. Does this mean they have problems with this era of engine?
I dont know what is wrong with the engine yet for certain. It seems that the engine is seized though. I would have to remove it, take it apart and see for certain if anything is salvagable.
since it is newer than 95 it is OBDII, which means it falls under the airscare plug and play diagnostic. If I get another engine, everything has to match and work correctly or it throws engine codes/ faults and it wont pass airscare.
As I hadnt seen it run, I can only hope the guy isnt lying when he says that everything ran great, with no problems before this. He doesnt have a clue about trucks or engines, which I cant fault him on. It just makes it harder until I get elbows deep into oil on this engine to find out whats wrong.

I have called autowreckers and nobody has this engine type I need for this. I know Im kinda jumping the gun when I dont know what went wrong wiht the engine but I kinda wanna have ideas and a ballpark figure if I have to go that route. Im waiting on a call back from a buddy at a machine shop to see what he says, he deals with all type of engines all day long, I trust him as far as I can throw him in politics though. At least the engine is complete, so all the electronics and super expensive electronics are all there where they are supposed to be.

Summary: Russ is thinking about getting another big gas guzzler, because it is cheap, but is worried cause if it has other problems it is going to get expensive real fast.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Aww....poor Russ !  I don't understand all the engine talk so I don't know if it's a good engine or a bad engine, good deal or bad deal...but I can offer a totally different vantage point ??

It sounds like you could be buying a hobby....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that...if you're aware that's what you're getting (and it does sound like your eyes are wide open)  Hobbies are great, but they're expensive and take up lots of time.  On the other hand, being busy is a good thing.

*how do you like that for totally useless advice ?  

Yes....I have been busy.  I am on the 3rd attempt on the construction of my stupid...I mean, my fabulous lamp.  I think I've got it now.

I followed the Michel Method of Clock Repairs to do the electrical.  I have taken apart two lamps to use for the inner workings, and neither worked....and when put back together in their original state.....don't work either.  *heavy sigh*

Sportsdude

3 black military helicopters are flying around...  

Michel

P.C.

Sometimes it can be expensive to be cheap.  

|